IF HVS were to do a beta launch, this is how they should do it.

#11SupahShnipaPosted 8/28/2010 10:42:14 AM
This is actually a good idea, get youtubers, good players, active forum posters etc. You'd get a lot of hype as well as balance issues fixed.

Unfortunately, this would probably never happen.
---
Greg Hastings Paintball 2 for the Wii!
#12SmallerRidleyPosted 8/28/2010 10:51:29 AM
They don't have the money or resources to handle the logistics. If they were a bigger studio or had better backing for their games, it'd be a great idea.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#13ghrrcPosted 8/28/2010 12:08:08 PM

Its kinda annoying when someone just posts their opinion without any sort of reasoning to go with it....
Opinion's are pretty much useless without them.

I'm assuming this is referring to me. If you would like I can break your post down bit by bit and explain why it doesn't make sense. I think it would be easier if you just researched yourself though, which you should have done before posting this topic.

Yes it would be cool if they could do what you're suggesting but the easiest way to explain why it won't happen is that the amount of time, energy and cost required to do such a thing on wii far outweighs the benefits it could ever bring.
#14CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2010 12:18:33 PM
Mostly you, yes.
but not exclusively.

"Yes it would be cool if they could do what you're suggesting but the easiest way to explain why it won't happen is that the amount of time, energy and cost required to do such a thing on wii far outweighs the benefits it could ever bring."
How is this different from doing ANY sort of beta for the wii?

I think the qualifier in the Subject Line addresses that. "IF hvs were to do a beta launch"

Unless, you think that a more traditional open beta would be cheaper, Or yield more benefits.
#15SupahShnipaPosted 8/28/2010 12:24:52 PM
Open Betas are more of a Demo than anything else.
---
Greg Hastings Paintball 2 for the Wii!
#16CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2010 1:01:50 PM
Well, yeah, the way most games are beta'd.

Like Halo Reach, M$ was like "Ok, we're going to be doing commercials, we're going to have banners on every game website, On facebook, on youtube. We're going to have EVERY youtube video in the launch week have reach ads at the bottom.
What else can we do to advertise?"

Its kinda been just another basket, for publishers who have enough money to diversify their advertising with.
#17Z1LVER12Posted 8/28/2010 2:48:04 PM
I would just like the multiplayer demo in E3 or PAX to be the beta so they won't have to waste time and money...right? :O