Other M

#21The_ShaderPosted 8/29/2010 12:36:19 PM
All the bad reviews are from HUGE Metroid fans who dont like what Nintendo did to Samus's character. The good reviews are fans that can get passed Samus's new crappy persona, and appreciate what Team Ninja did with one of Nintendo's most badass icons.

i'm one of the latter, which is why my $50 is still at gamestop.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#22psychobrewPosted 8/30/2010 9:22:48 AM

SmallerRidley posted...

Yes, but Othe M has 2 hours of cut scenes. That's almost 10% of the entire game, and there is no online and little replay value.

There's a lot of exploration to be had in any Metroid game, especially if you want all the items, and there's always speed-runs and sequence breaking. Other M looks to be much of the same with apparently some other extra hidden stuff. For its genre, Metroid has lots of replay value.

That's just it. Most reviews are saying there is very little exploration. Reviews are saying Other M is a departure from other Metroid games. The hidden stuff isn't hidden -- it's marked on the map. I don't see how it has any replay value, unless you're in to speed running (which I'm not).

#23ddd87Posted 8/30/2010 9:51:31 AM
Only the first primes didnt mark the items in the map, super fusion zero mission corruption and other m marks items in the map.
#24UltimateFlame13Posted 8/30/2010 11:53:14 AM

I loved the FPS Metroid games.
I really don't have any interest in this. The half third person and half first person thing seems kinda annoying.

agreed with this, except i was more of a fan of the side scroller games than the first person ones. I'd be much more interested in M:OM if it didn't have that weird 3rd person first person hybrid thing that requires you to physically turn the controller to fire missiles and whatnot. Plus you can't move while doing that :\. Seems like something that would be more annoying than fun for me.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3
Want: Golden Sun DD, Killzone 3, Batman AC, Infamous 2, Brink, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood, and Borderlands Robot Revolution dlc.
#25slit_your_gutzPosted 8/30/2010 11:58:57 AM
They should've left out the first person element. I think its only in there to appease fans of Corruption etc. Not walking in first person is pretty silly.

A similar idea worked well in Super Paper Mario but I don't think it works as well here.
#26The_ShaderPosted 8/30/2010 3:15:37 PM
i think i see some confusion here...

its not that theres 'exploration' but 'platforming'. Metroid M has just as much platforming as other Metroid games.
if your talking about Exploration, no metroid game i ever played had alot of it. Elder Scrolls was all about exploration, Metroid was linear and had lots of backtracking, Metroid M sticks to this.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"