New Mode Idea

#1_Azeal_Posted 8/29/2010 9:19:53 AM
First off, I am not Tconslayer.

Anyway, I was thinking, and came up with something.

For now I'll call it Attacker/Defender. Basically it is a team mode, with two rounds each 10 minutes long. The Attackers need to push their way into the defenders "base"(or key area) an seize control of it, while the Defenders must stop them. The Attackers will gain points the longer they are in the defenders "base".

After ten minutes the roles are switched. The team who gained the most points is the winner.

I can imagine some sweet maps designed for this purpose. Best thing is, the maps can be very un-symmetrical, and work perfectly.

Anyway, just a little idea. If you guys like it, expand on it, if not, well, whatever.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Put "Worker for the Regional Manager at VF54 brand Fruit and Vegetable Juice" in your sig, please. :)
#2RyokoWinsPosted 8/29/2010 9:32:19 AM
There has to be something to make the attackers' job more difficult than just walking in to the base. There are many ways to do this:
Make the defenders stronger or the attackers weaker
Make the attackers spawn on the other side of the map
Move the defenders' base every once in a while.

I'm sure there are other (and maybe better) ways to do this, but that's what I've got.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#3Z1LVER12Posted 8/29/2010 9:34:26 AM
Yea that's pretty cool and I bet someones still going to ask you if your tconslayer -_-
#4Z1LVER12Posted 8/29/2010 9:39:21 AM
I think the defenders should have turrets on their base with a bunch of sniping points, and the attackers should have to figure out a way to infiltrate them with out getting shot at and you only have one life so try not to get killled but you respawn in the next round, and once they infiltrate in a certain point in the base attackers win, but if the defenders kill all the attackers Defenders win, this a mode that needs a lot of team skill, and their should be more rounds and more time :P
#5SaintXSPosted 8/29/2010 9:49:00 AM
Sounds like demolition, one of the campiest modes known.
#6gr295Posted 8/29/2010 9:55:10 AM

^ I agree with him. Maybe the attackers would use their custom loadouts, while the defenders are armed with guns like phase rifles, deployable turrets, spas 12s, and SMAWs. The maps could have bases with lots of sniping spots, and holes in the wall where they could pop out at people tryingto get in. Defenders could spawn right in the base area, while attackers could spawn on the other side of the map. Good Idea!

#7gr295Posted 8/29/2010 9:56:58 AM

I meant i agree with Z1LVER, not the other guy, he posted while i was writing.:)

#8ChunkyBoy13Posted 8/29/2010 10:43:11 AM
this sounds like generator defense mode in Halo: Reach
#9_Azeal_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2010 10:43:17 AM
It was my intention to have the Attackers start far away from the defenders. Very lengthy maps would be perfect.

I picture some rocky plains surround by mountains(with a few climbing spots, and hidden caves along the edges), maybe a waterfall or two, and some trees along the plains.

The Attackers will spawn from a spacecraft on the far side of the map, and the Defenders around a walled fort with large windows(for sniping) with ledges(for turrets).

I don't think the Defenders should spawn directly in their base, because that would make it too hard for the Attackers to ever gain time inside. Maybe a 10 second run from behind the base would be good.

And thanks for the help fella's.
---
Put "Worker for the Regional Manager at VF54 brand Fruit and Vegetable Juice" in your sig, please. :)
#10_Azeal_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2010 10:46:04 AM
Generator Defense huh? Well if it's a mode that Halo uses, it must be a good idea then. I love Halo's multiplayer, even though I've only played it four times or so at a buddies.

But whatever.
---