Black Ops copied Conduit 2s lead

#41LigersRulePosted 9/5/2010 8:21:10 AM
Way to miss the point, Shader...
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#42The_ShaderPosted 9/5/2010 6:22:25 PM
Your point was the big company gets the idea, then shows the world, then other small companys do something with the idea.

What happens with this? the big companys copy... AGAIN... and get the small companys would be money.

Unless the small company gets a badass publisher, then they'd get noticed before a big company takes their idea.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#43Ryan SiPosted 9/6/2010 8:21:24 AM
I can't believe it!

Company A copied Company B's idea of using a controller to play games and then both companies consistantly improved its features through out the years creating better designs and features for everybody....

I mean, how dare they spawn innovation and evolution that benefits people!

It's a sick world we live in. I'm disguested, and what's with all these other companies using 3D graphics, I mean don't they know they didn't invent them?!
#44Brownprouder23Posted 9/6/2010 9:38:37 AM
Black ops didn't copy Conduit people. Seriously. -_-
Treyarch was developing Black ops way before Conduit 2. If anything, Conduit 2 might have been the one copying here, after all they did get inspired from other games. It would be in HVS's nature to imitate other games.
#45LigersRulePosted 9/6/2010 9:56:34 AM
Your point was the big company gets the idea, then shows the world, then other small companys do something with the idea.

What happens with this? the big companys copy... AGAIN... and get the small companys would be money.

Unless the small company gets a badass publisher, then they'd get noticed before a big company takes their idea.

Wrong. My point was that the idea would never get heard if the big company didn't "copy" it. The idea would have died there. The true potential and magnitude of the idea would never be realized. No progress would have been made.

The spread of ideas is progress. Universalizing it. Take a look at Halo:CE. First Person Shooters weren't quite as popular before Halo. Sure, they had fans, but it grew a lot with Halo. Did Halo do anything new? No, not really. They copied ideas. They put good ideas together. You can't tell me that Halo was not progress.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#46Ducky4-Posted 9/7/2010 9:31:38 AM

FACEPALM.

So where do ya reckon conduit 2 got the idea of a weapon loadout?

#47DeX2010Posted 9/7/2010 12:48:43 PM
Black ops did not rip anything off, They ADDED it to the CORE game so people wouldnt mod to get it anyway. plus 'gun game' was from COUNTERSTRIKE. CP stands for COD POINTS. Its just a coicidence that the names sound similar. Everything in a game has been thought of and done before, But the way its implemented and in what game counts. Why is it that everyone with a console fails to understand that everything isnt taken or ripped off. The idea was probably there 10 years ago and then every subsequent games with features such as killcam, are ripping off other peoples ideas. In this industry, Ideas are there to be shared, paticularly if those ideas work well.
#48psychobrew(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2010 1:14:27 PM

DeX2010 posted...
Black ops did not rip anything off, They ADDED it to the CORE game so people wouldnt mod to get it anyway. plus 'gun game' was from COUNTERSTRIKE. CP stands for COD POINTS. Its just a coicidence that the names sound similar. Everything in a game has been thought of and done before, But the way its implemented and in what game counts. Why is it that everyone with a console fails to understand that everything isnt taken or ripped off. The idea was probably there 10 years ago and then every subsequent games with features such as killcam, are ripping off other peoples ideas. In this industry, Ideas are there to be shared, paticularly if those ideas work well.

You're taking the post way too seriously. It was simply a way of observing the recent trend of FPSs with currency systems and sharing my hope that Conduit 2 would have something similar to the wager matches of Black Ops. Of course, if Conduit 2 put something similar to the wager matches in their game, everyone would say they ripped off Treyarch and nobody would defend the game the way people are defending a Call of Duty title, hence the (joke) claim it would be alright since Treyarch ripped HVS off first.