PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) 2010

#101_Azeal_Posted 9/12/2010 8:04:37 AM
"That doesn't make any sense. what support are the headbanger guys showing Tcon?
They just make the peripheral, its HVS that is supporting them."

I'm not much of a business guy, but the way I see it is Headbanger made a new technology for the Wii. It is something many people will be interested in. Headbanger can choose who they sell their peripheral to. It is less competition for them if HVS supports ONLY their peripheral, as anyone who wants to talk to people online would need to buy it.

But like I said, I'm not too savvy in the business world, but that is just how I'd image it would go down.

---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Put "Worker for the Regional Manager at VF54 brand Fruit and Vegetable Juice" in your sig, please. :)
#102Valdimir_DregaPosted 9/12/2010 8:38:56 AM
When did HVS ever say that they're not going to be using Wii Speak? I remember HVSTony saying that the code between the two is nearly identical with a few differences. The original engine was compatible with it, and with the code similarities I'm pretty sure it would take all of a day to implement. There wouldn't really be any reason to support even one single headset. Support them all, and that's when you're really looking out for your fans.

That's what HVS usually strives to do, and I'd bet that the final game will have support for all speaking peripherals.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#103CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/12/2010 10:37:37 AM
"Headbanger can choose who they sell their peripheral to."

Normally, maybe. But Its been officially licensed by nintendo. If if they could, that would be an extremely stupid move to make. Getting support for a peripheral is hard enough. How many games supported nintendo's own peripherals, wii speak, wii balance board.
Even with the balance board having a larger user base than the PS3.
#104agoajPosted 9/13/2010 7:43:21 AM
HeadBanger alone has smaller market penetration, thus less people to talk to with your headbanger, and therefore less reason to buy a headbanger.
HeadBanger plus Wiispeak, bigger pool of people to talk too, sell more headbangers.
HeadBanger plus Wiispeak plus doritos plus orange soda, everybody's happy, everybody wins.
---
"dammit! It's you, I, we, chicks." - Austin P
"We don't likes it" - Nicholas23 on Ninja Gaiden Xbox
#105_Azeal_Posted 9/13/2010 10:07:54 AM
"HeadBanger plus Wiispeak, bigger pool of people to talk too, sell more headbangers."

Yeah, that kinda makes sense, but my guess is everyone who already owns a Wii speak will not bother with the Headbanger. Which is why so many people want Conduit 2 to have it included. I am on this same boat.

Anyway... I'm going to sleep. :)

---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Put "Worker for the Regional Manager at VF54 brand Fruit and Vegetable Juice" in your sig, please. :)
#106Simok123Posted 9/13/2010 6:27:42 PM
But if it is supported, I hope they work the same way; if your listening to a person with a headset, it goes on the tv while your using wii speak .when you talk into the wiispeak it goes into there headset. I hope thats possible.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!