The Reason Why I Think People Hate CC Support

#1Brownprouder23Posted 9/8/2010 9:43:08 AM
After carefully looking through recent posts on this board, it is apparent that there are numerous people against the support of the CC. This brings to mind the question, why?

I remember seeing on numerous posts before when people made the suggestion of CC to be supported, they were quickly thwarted from the fanboys that have a sense of superiority with the Wiimote pointer. Why, then, are they so upset over the support of the CC? If the Wiimote pointer were so superior to dual analog, then why should Wiimote pointer lovers care?

This only leads me to believe that they are just scared that it might be better than their pointer. There really is no other argument to this. They are just scared that if they discover that the Wiimote pointer is inferior to the CC, then the pointer would become obsolete.

I don't think this will happen. It's just my speculation about the opinions of these people. Also, in regards to this other belief that HVS lied to everyone, it's possible that they always have. In marketing, it's typical to try to persuade the consumers to try to buy their product by stretching the truth every now and then. I noticed that a lot for the first Conduit game.

They did it so cleverly. They made everyone think they were just excited for the game, but in reality, I think they knew it only had so much. So, they had to sort of fake their way to make it look better than it really was. They played the same tactic this year at E3 for Conduit 2. When they did those interviews on the show floor, they talked so positively about the controls because that was one special thing they had going for them. Of course, this didn't directly mean that they were avid supporters of the pointer. They just wanted the game to sell. Now that they see that there's more potential sales by supporting the CC (possibly from all of the positive feedback about Goldeneye doing that), of course they want to take advantage.

In short, HVS never "lied" to anyone. They are just doing what any company does in the business world. Go for whatever sells. If there's an amount of people that are potential buyers if there's CC support, then that's the way to go. So, I don't get why people are upset about the CC. You were most likely deceived from the start.

Sorry for the long post. This topic is open for discussion. Try to keep it clean.
#2_Azeal_Posted 9/8/2010 10:18:59 AM
I am also very confused at the reaction. Personally, for me it sounds great. I prefer pointer, but more options is never a bad thing in my opinion.

About the whole "HVS Lying" thing, I personally don't see it as something to get angry about. They did what they had to do to compete. Things change. Not everything is absolute. Get that in your heads now people, because the whole World is constantly changing.

Anyone who cannot accept this should see a doctor, because you've got a hormone disorder.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Put "Worker for the Regional Manager at VF54 brand Fruit and Vegetable Juice" in your sig, please. :)
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/8/2010 10:36:26 AM
"This only leads me to believe that they are just scared that it might be better than their pointer. There really is no other argument to this. They are just scared that if they discover that the Wiimote pointer is inferior to the CC, then the pointer would become obsolete."

This, to me. seems like a ridiculous and entirely unsupported conclusion.
Definitely a possibility... But to go touting it around is kinda silly.

I would agree with HVS not lying. Things change, its part of the creative process. Its also part of the buisness process. You guys are all VERY well aware that things in development are liable to change, after all, that's kinda what development is.
Don't say "the game is in alpha stage" out of one side of your mouth, and then from the other say "HVS Lied!".
#4Aile_WingPosted 9/8/2010 10:41:00 AM
Looking back at that topic, no one was complaining about the inclusion of Classic Controller support for quite some time. The first person to show any signs of irritation towards this feature was elheber, but it wasn't because the feature made it in, but because HVS may have lied about including Classic Controller support (which for some people may bring into question their other statements) or because Sega might be "interfering" (for lack of a better word) with the development of the game. You, TC, brought up people being afraid of dual analog controls being better than motion controls from out of nowhere.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#5LHS_2012Posted 9/8/2010 10:43:08 AM
Yea, TC has a history of being confrontational.
---
No. 2012 of Organization 13 GWDGH
You don't have to censor "ass." Ass, ass, ass. homerowed
#6Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 10:49:07 AM
I stated right after, "I don't think this will happen. It's just my speculation about the opinions of these people."

It's just what I think since they are so against the CC support without any reason to. To me, it seems that the Wiimote pointer supporters that talked a big game about the wiimote pointer being superior to the CC are actually scared of the possibility that it isn't superior. It was easy to say things before the CC was supported, but now that it's confirmed it could possibly be a threat.

In any case, let's try to keep an open mind here. Perhaps the CC will fail miserably and the Wiimote pointer will reign supreme. Or maybe they will be almost considered equal. Nobody can tell right now. I say we wait to see until they are compared, but even then, inevitably it all comes down the the individual's skill. Just play which method you prefer and don't discriminate/judge others for whatever control scheme they use.
#7Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 10:53:03 AM
How am i being confrontational? What is these accusations? This topic is in no subjective in being confrontational to anybody. I am speaking from a critical standpoint.

This is what I've seen on other boards. If I had the time or effort to go through the boards to show you where people were arrogantly speaking positively of the wiimote pointer and negatively of dual analog, I would show you.
#8Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 10:53:36 AM
no way*
#9Aile_WingPosted 9/8/2010 11:16:13 AM
Brownprouder23:
I stated right after, "I don't think this will happen. It's just my speculation about the opinions of these people."

Yes, you did state that, right after you said that the reason people are frightened of dual analog controls was obvious.

The answer to why people are so upset over the CC being supported is obvious. They are just scared that it might be better than their pointer.

Remember?

It's just what I think since they are so against the CC support without any reason to.

So many are against it without reasons?

elheber:
With GE doing this too, I have a fear that many games will being doing this on the Wii. Then, potentially, some games would be designed around the dual-analog first and then only be tacked-on with pointer control, completely bass-ackwards to how it should be done on the Wii.

That sees like a legitimate concern for future Wii FPS's. I may not agree with it, but it seems legitimate.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#10Aile_WingPosted 9/8/2010 11:23:15 AM
Icuras08:
But if they dumb down the shrieker just to make CC people feel better, I'll be mad.

A legitimate concern.

And then there are those in that topic who either don't see Classic Controller support as a bad thing or are glad that it's included. Honestly, I think you're making this a bigger issue than it really is.

Brownprouder23:
If I had the time or effort to go through the boards to show you where people were arrogantly speaking positively of the wiimote pointer and negatively of dual analog, I would show you.

Are you telling me that people were giving their opinions based off of their personal experiences?
---