Multiple hitboxes for headshots.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/12/2010 12:36:25 PM
Something I've been thinking about for a while...
But, it did seem a bit easy getting headshots in Tcon. If it had had aim assist... It would have been downright retarded. In a lot of shooters I've played, being good all kinda boiled down to shooting the head, and Tcon certainly seemed this way.

Woudln't it be better for Con2 if they made the head a little harder to get the perfect shot on?
I think they should have it so that the sweet spot on the face would be an area like the size of your palm, with shots outside that dealing somewhat less damage.
In addition, I think from behind, the sweet spot should be a circle a bit larger than a baseball, at the base of the neck.

If you're engaged in combat with someone, this really wouldn't change things aside from having a little smaller target.
BUT, if you're sniping... or if you're about to engage somebody who hasn't noticed you yet...
It makes things a little more tricky.
Its no longer just about following their head, if they change directions, you're going to have to adjust your aim to hit the other hotbox.

It might also do a little bit to running away a more viable option.
#2SmallerRidleyPosted 9/12/2010 7:16:53 PM
They should add grazing and sweetspots, too.

And make all the characters either tiny spaceships or loli girls.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3elheberPosted 9/13/2010 2:32:51 PM
The taint should be a one-hit-kill with any weapon.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/14/2010 2:51:07 AM
They should add grazing and sweetspots, too.

And make all the characters either tiny spaceships or loli girls.

Or bugs.
Also, when you kill someone, they should drop a bunch of items that give you points, and add multipliers for chaining and fast pickups.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5gr295Posted 9/24/2010 12:26:15 PM

Epic Bump! Oh, and I"m all for nut shots.

#6SupahShnipaPosted 9/24/2010 4:43:00 PM
Nut Shot = OHKO
---
I'm climbin in yo window, I'm snatchin yo people up!
#7BainesPosted 9/24/2010 10:14:45 PM
"Also, when you kill someone, they should drop a bunch of items that give you points, and add multipliers for chaining and fast pickups."

It does have chaining bonuses, in the form of the killstreak XP reward.

If you get shop cash from kills, then it will also have at least a form of "drop a bunch of items that give you points", you just won't have to pick it up.

Shmup designs have already snuck into FPS.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#8SmallerRidleyPosted 9/24/2010 11:06:36 PM
*pictures an armor upgrade of two floating orbs that occasionally shoot weak shots at random targets*
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/25/2010 7:06:32 AM
I would cream myself over that.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#10BainesPosted 9/25/2010 10:02:33 AM
The weapon (Aegis Device?) that shields you by collecting incoming shots and then lets you fling them back at a target is totally stolen from shmups.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)