Since there is an official sniper in the game...

#1Brownprouder23Posted 9/17/2010 9:05:44 AM
Will it be the only one? Do you guys think that they might end up nerfing the Strike Rifle's charge shot (assuming it's still there in Conduit 2) so that it no longer functions as a sniper?

I was thinking since the sniper in Conduit 2 will have long reload times, that would still kind of make it not as good as the Strike Rifle from The Conduit. The Strike Rifle doesn't have long reload times, and you can shoot charged shots in only a couple of seconds. My guess is that they're going to nerf the Strike Rifle to balance it out.
#2slit_your_gutzPosted 9/17/2010 9:14:49 AM
Yeah but the sniper shoots through walls

hence, balanced
#3Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 9:21:10 AM
Yeah, but the reload time/ammo available for the sniper still doesn't stack up against the strike rifle. That's why I think the Strike Rifle will be nerfed.
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 9/17/2010 12:14:14 PM
Last we heard about the strike rifle was it works the same as the last game. Could have changed by now, but who knows.
---
Playing: Borderlands
Want: Golden Sun DD, Killzone 3, Batman AC, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and Borderlands Robot Revolution dlc.
#5The_ShaderPosted 9/17/2010 1:53:10 PM
The Strike Rifle has longer charge times.

there.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#6Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 4:17:18 PM
The charge times would have to be as long as the reload time for the sniper. Also, I think with the larger maps, perhaps the Strike Rifle will only be able to shoot a certain distance, whereas the sniper might be able to shoot all the way across even the biggest maps.

Who knows though? Just wanted to know what you guys think about this.
#7Simok123Posted 9/17/2010 6:39:35 PM
I think the Strike Rifle was balanced fine. If they nerf that like the pistol, many fans will be mad cuz Pistol and Strike Rifle are like the two fav weapons of every "pro" in TC.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#8Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 6:43:05 PM
Well, if it doesn't get nerfed, then it will be superior to the new sniper.
#9Simok123Posted 9/17/2010 6:45:15 PM
^ who cares, I want mah SR! Im sure The Phase rifle will be about as good, and i think some people will treat it as "the new strike rifle"
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#10RyokoWinsPosted 9/17/2010 7:30:40 PM
My guess is they'll weaken it a little bit. I heard that there will be an intermediate charge as well, which leads me to believe that the charge will be slightly longer.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.