Since there is an official sniper in the game...

#11The_ShaderPosted 9/17/2010 7:20:23 PM
The Phase Rifle should be the games epitome of a sniper rifle in the game. Any other 'sniper' like rifle should be nerfed in its 'sniping' capabilities so as not to steal the role of the Phase Rifle.

its like have 2 different but exactly same USP.45's, whats the point if theyr exactly the same? The SCAR is gonna have recoil now, and the Strike Rifle is gonna either have a LONG charge time, or the charge attack of the strike rifle is gonna cost ALOT of ammo.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#12tconslayerPosted 9/18/2010 5:42:16 AM

hey i like the phase rifle and the strike rifle they are good snipers i am gonna combo them together because i noscope people with it so i think the strike rifle is balanced.

#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2010 10:31:13 PM
This topic is dumb...

The Phase Rifle is the FarSight, basically. It shoots through walls, and probably will deal more damage than a charged Strike Rifle shot... And you're worried the Strike Rifle isn't going to be nerfed enough?
As is, the Strike Rifle is and inferior rifle to the Phase Rifle simply because it can't shoot through/see through things. At long range, and with a lot of cover, like pretty much any sniper situation will have, the Strike Rifle is already nerfed. Add that with a probably weaker scope than the PR, and that's more nerfing than you need.
If anything, I think they'll boost the SR's medium range abilities to make up for that it's no longer a competent sniper rifle.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#14SupahShnipaPosted 9/20/2010 4:06:05 PM
Give the SR more sway and recoil when charged. That should be good enough.
---
I'm climbin in yo window, I'm snatchin yo people up!
#15Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2010 6:54:53 AM
Okay, DarkZV2Beta. You say it's the Farsight, but if I recall correctly when you scoped the Farsight in PD, you would get an x-ray vision scope. I don't think the Phase Rifle does that automatically. I remember hearing it has to get a heat detection first or something like that. How will you know where your opponents are though if they're not in your sight? If they're behind a wall and there's no way for you to tell where they're at (not being able to see through walls while scoping directly), chances are you won't be using that too often.
#16SmallerRidleyPosted 9/21/2010 8:03:00 AM

Okay, DarkZV2Beta. You say it's the Farsight, but if I recall correctly when you scoped the Farsight in PD, you would get an x-ray vision scope. I don't think the Phase Rifle does that automatically. I remember hearing it has to get a heat detection first or something like that. How will you know where your opponents are though if they're not in your sight? If they're behind a wall and there's no way for you to tell where they're at (not being able to see through walls while scoping directly), chances are you won't be using that too often.

Brackets. It's still not x-ray vision, but you can tell where people are if you're able to hit them.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/21/2010 2:49:49 PM
It's still a Sniper Rifle that shoots through walls, and can display an enemy's silhouette on the other side of an object. They just made it more balanced.
The FarSight also automatically tracked targets for you, and highlighted them against the mostly illegible scenery. The point is, they both serve the same function, along with the Railgun in Red Faction II.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.