Having a hard time killing myself, The suicide thread.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/18/2010 7:58:34 PM
I'm sure everyone's experienced the frustration of throwing a grenade right at someones chest, and seeing them walk it off like nothing happened, Or shot a rocket through their face, and they don't even flinch.

But has anyone else had this happen to them while they're trying to suicide?
I typically heavily use the suicide tactic for explosives matches... Its among the easiest way to rectify a bad situation, and the explosive weapon set gives you the tools to exploit it to its fullest extent.

I was thinking though... I've always assumed that if you hit someone and they didn't die it was probably due to lag. But tonight I was thinking more about that, and realized that it really doesn't make sense when you consider sometimes you can shoot a rocket at your feet, and not suffer any damage.
It sounds more like a glitch.
I think that, maybe, when your suit begins to regen it could be making you impervious to damage that occurs at the same moment.
Do we have anything other than speculation surrounding this?

Also, Thinking back to a topic DarkZV2Beta made about re-spawn time... After getting put in a long string of explosive marathons, I definitely agree that there needs to be a longer re-spawn time.
Tonight I was finding myself Suiciding for even the smallest reasons, I ran out of nades, I ran out of rockets, I didn't spawn where I wanted...
Now, I don't know if I think suiciding like that should be outright punished with a negative point...
Perhaps it should.
BUT, I think it was kinda reveling how easy it is to gain by just tossing your life. And I can definitely see it becoming a problem in objective matches if not addressed.
#2slit_your_gutzPosted 9/18/2010 8:32:01 PM
I kill myself with grenades plenty.
#3Simok123Posted 9/18/2010 8:37:13 PM
lol this is soooo emo xD!
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 9:18:21 PM
"I kill myself with grenades plenty."
Yeah, that's how it typically works, but surly you've noticed instances where you should have perished in an explosion, but did not even take damage.
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2010 2:35:45 AM
Respawn times make Deathmatch suck.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#67Nobody5Posted 9/19/2010 7:06:42 AM
this may be a bit off topic -
an easy way to annoy hackers on your team if they have the rocket launcher is to simply jump right in front of them when they are shooting with the hacked fire rate...so its like you killed them, but since friendly fire is on, they killed themselves...

also...i think the rockets look more like fireballs than actual rockets after you fire it.
---
You have now read my signature.
#7_Azeal_Posted 9/20/2010 6:35:35 PM
I noticed that if you fire a rocket at someone at a different elevation than you, they take no splash damage. This happened to me many times at Pentagon, where they would be coming up the stairs, and I'd fire my rocket right at the top of the stairs. Their distance should've taken off most of their health with the splash alone, but every time, they'd suffer no damage.

This was not lag, I think it was the result of poor... mechanics? I'm not good with gaming terms... However, slight elevation should not make you impervious to explosions.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Put "Worker for the Regional Manager at VF54 brand Fruit and Vegetable Juice" in your sig, please. :)
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/20/2010 7:22:19 PM
It's because splash damage didn't travel through walls. It basically just kinda stopped if there was a wall in the way, instead of just being altered.
Annoyed the **** out of me in the campaign.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2010 12:04:43 AM
This is useful stuff!
Man, this is totally exploitable.

I'm ashamed that I didn't notice that about the splash damage. But... then again. I didn't really use rockets/grenades in campaign, and online is kinda laggy to be making reliable observations.