The XP System Needs a Drastic Change

#1Brownprouder23Posted 9/20/2010 10:34:14 AM
Do you like getting only 2xp per kill? Neither do I. For me, the game only gave you a decent amount of xp if you went on a good streak for most of the game. Reign of Terrors are what I shoot for mostly if you want to get any good xp. Some games I would get an insane amount of xp, while others I would get crap.

Even if your kdr was 2.0, if you don't get streaks, you get crap. One time I went 30-15, but since I died basically after 2 kills because the people were actually pretty good, I got crap xp. It was about 90 points.
#2Fluxy1223Posted 9/20/2010 11:03:05 AM
If you don't get a lot of XP then it's your fault for sucking
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/20/2010 11:05:36 AM
Nope, I am ( was ) pretty dang good. but I hardly ever get more than 100 XP in a match.

The thing is, unless you get kill streaks, you're not going to get substantial XP, even if you're pulling in HEAPS of points being offensive.
the XP system only rewards defensive playstyles.
#4McmadnessV3Posted 9/20/2010 11:10:45 AM
I just hope I don't have to unlock weapons for multiplayer.
I hate that crap.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#5ddd87Posted 9/20/2010 11:14:59 AM
^ Its already confirmed that you will have to.
#6Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2010 11:37:34 AM
@Fluxy1223

Excuse me? I don't suck, sir. I'm one of the few people that actually got a Reign of Terror on a daily basis before all of the hackers, and I still do occasionally every now and then on my new wii. I had like over a 3.5 kdr.

I got to level 24 in the summer the game came out. It took like 58200 xp or something like that. My point for this topic is that l would usually just get a little over 100 xp. (sometimes up to like 350 if it's a good match). However, even that is not even a fraction of the total xp needed to get to the highest rank.

I'm sure I could take you one on one on top of this.
#7BruceMiiPosted 9/20/2010 12:09:20 PM
Totally Agree!

I haven't played this game in so long I forgot how Ridiculously slow you rank up.

And as for sucking? ... yeah probably, but if climbing the ranks didn't seem so insurmountable maybe us sucky players might stick around longer so we could either get better or give you more to shoot at.

Everybody wins.
#8Fluxy1223Posted 9/20/2010 12:34:55 PM
Nope. All of you just suck
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/20/2010 12:47:37 PM
Here is the real problem...

If somebody just gets an 10 kill streak. The sit behind everyone else, and let their teammates take the kills hits for the.... 10-0. They get 56 exp points for themselves, and only 10 points for the team.

Now, in order for me to get 56 points... Well, I usually get 3 kills for every death. so in the same time it took him to get 10 kills, I'll have to get 25 kills. AND I would have scored nearly DOUBLE the amount of points for my team.

Now, I usually get ~100, 120 points in a good marathon match. Thats about 50 kills, about 34 points for my team.
Now, if you got 34 points for your team by getting a streak... You would have earned yourself 470 exp.

So, same amount of work for the team earns drastically different rewards.
#10LHS_2012Posted 9/20/2010 1:17:23 PM
You guys are looking at it the wrong way. HVS didn't design the XP system to hinder players unable to retain streaks, they designed it to reward players who could. Plus, replay value would decrease significantly if I reached the max rank quickly. It's a high rank for a reason, you're supposed to put a lot of effort into it.
---
No. 2012 of Organization 13 GWDGH
You don't have to censor "ass." Ass, ass, ass. homerowed