The XP System Needs a Drastic Change

#61CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/22/2010 11:30:45 PM
0 reading comprehension FTL?

You shouldn't be so quick to asume that it is I who is failing to understand what I am reading.

Not to mention the inability to grasp a concept that the exploration of the world is the content.

Its not THE content. its a major aspect of the game for sure, But so are her weapons and power ups. In metroid, exploration ties in with mobility, and mobility ties in with her upgrades. They are directly related. You work hard to unlock a weapon, which opens up more of the game to you.
This is no different than unlocking weapons in a FPS. You unlock a weapon and it opens up the game for you, either by allowing you to play at a different level ( stronger weapon ) or by allowing you to play in a different way ( Unique weapon ).

In both cases, new weapons have the consequence of expanding the game.

Plus, Samus only loses her powerups to an explosion in the first Prime game. IIRC, it's Ing infestation in the second, and in Fusion, she loses it to the X parasite. In all the other games, it's just magically missing.
Except maybe Prime 3. I can't remember if Samus lost anything to Phazon.

Yeah, because I was trying to be technically correct, and not simply communicating a point.

No, by adding an unlock system, you're adding a pointless grind to a multiplayer game. You're not exploring the levels to find powerups, and you're not progressing a story. You're just getting numbers to get more numbers so you have more numbers and more guns that you would have had without the numbers if you never had the unlock system to begin with.

No different than your average single player experience...
Games like Zelda and Metroid are largely about completion. I like the story, and I like the mechanics... But I play to finish. 100%
Why do I need every single dang mask, missle, and energy tank? I'm just getting numbers so I have more numbers.
Now, a multiplayer game does not have to be without this experience. I'm not playing for the same reasons I play single player, story and exploring, etc. I enjoy playing multiplayer for the competition, for the rush, and for the difficulty. BUT, I'd still like to be driven by a goal that I can complete.

Seriously, your posts get weaker every time. :\ It's a shame, because you've had some pretty good ideas, but now it's just nonsensical misunderstanding and frail "debate".

That might possibly be because I'm not debating.
#62DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/22/2010 11:57:01 PM
You're right, you're not debating. You're just trolling.

How lame. :\
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#63Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 5:05:34 AM
@DarkZV2Beta

Lol, look at your own posts before you go and call anyone a troll.
#64DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/23/2010 8:48:34 AM
I wrote my own posts.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#65Brownprouder23(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 9:17:15 AM
Ok, you're ignored.