wow, this game has kinda... fallen off the map

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 9/25/2010 8:55:26 PM
heres hoping they really blow us out of the water with some new footage (and a sooner-than-later-release date) early next year.

so for this year guys, black ops or goldeneye? which will you be playing? im probably gonna be hitting both...

---
other m: ruining metroid fans lives since 8/31/10 (i personally think its a fine game though)
#2donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2010 8:56:19 PM
^should read "sooner-rather-than-later"

---
other m: ruining metroid fans lives since 8/31/10 (i personally think its a fine game though)
#3Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 9/25/2010 8:58:51 PM
Yeah, I don't know why we have yet to see any more direct-feed... Seriously, I think we probably had more info about the first game in the first month than we have about this one. It won't really help the game get noticed if even people actually searching out information on the game can hardly find anything. As to the Black Ops vs Goldeneye... I think I'll probably rent both first before I come to a decision.
#4ddd87Posted 9/25/2010 9:15:18 PM
Sega is really bad at hyping this game.
We are pretty much at 4 or 6 months to get the game and there is no footage aside the first level and two maps.

Oh, and I might give CoD a try.

PS: What happened with Greg Hastings Paintball 2?
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/25/2010 9:19:35 PM
Sega is probably wanting to avoid overhype, and avoiding releasing unfinished footage.

Remember, this game is fighting against Tcon's reputation. If people see it, and it still looks like Tcon....
Its best most people don't see it until it looks as good as its going to.
People's first impressions need to be that it has distanced itself from the original.
#6Simok123Posted 9/25/2010 9:20:09 PM
well really, we dont get anything to show us about the game other then info, screens and gameplay that wasnt even made SEGA. why dont they RELEASE something. I mean, we need a trailer sometime, and it has to be direct feed on IGN or something. why arent they giving us anything to get us hyped? I know they dont want too much hype, but really, they need to make people come back after the conduit, and to make us exited. I think we should be told one of the new weapons. sure I want surpises, but why not tell us already? are they not done with all the weapons?
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#7RyokoWinsPosted 9/25/2010 9:27:11 PM
CHAIN makes a good point. As for the other shooters, since C2 has been pushed back, I'll probably be getting Black Ops. I think remaking Goldeneye is a bad idea; I think it's very unlikely that it can live up to its predecessor.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8elheberPosted 9/25/2010 9:48:23 PM
I just want to know what the currency will be called. Is that too much to ask?
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#9SupahShnipaPosted 9/25/2010 10:38:02 PM
We needz info.
---
I'm climbin in yo window, I'm snatchin yo people up!
#10Brownprouder23Posted 9/25/2010 11:41:06 PM
Sorry, but this game will not do good in sales if it doesn't drive hype in some way shape or form. Hype=sales. Of course too much hype will be a let down to people, but it would still sell like crack. Take MW2 for example.