wow, this game has kinda... fallen off the map

#11UltimateFlame13Posted 9/26/2010 9:53:58 AM
It is getting extremely disappointing that we haven't seen anything such as a trailer yet. It doesn't even have to reveal anything new. Just make a cool presentation that sums up what we know.

At the moment I'm starting to lean towards ignoring the little things that annoy me about CoD and am thinking about getting black ops for ps3 around the holidays. I'm going to wait and see what it has going on just to be sure though. Might just re-buy MW for a cheap price since that was the last CoD game I really liked.
---
Playing: Borderlands
Want: Golden Sun DD, Killzone 3, Batman AC, Infamous 2, Brink, AC Brotherhood, and Borderlands Robot Revolution dlc.
#121918mePosted 9/26/2010 5:34:17 PM
God I wish we get more info soon!
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out from other sigs like most people do... lol see what I did there?
#13Z1LVER12Posted 9/26/2010 5:52:33 PM
We want Info HVS at least give us some gameplay footage of Invasion

and I would have to see more info and gameplay on CoD and so for Ive seen Goldeneye gameplay and im not a big 007 fan but the game looks great
#14slit_your_gutzPosted 9/27/2010 5:48:51 AM
I'd settle for some more single played footage

jungle or snow level

or snow multiplayer level
#15LazzyIyePosted 9/27/2010 6:33:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16LazzyIyePosted 9/27/2010 6:35:27 AM
Blame Sega. They are funding the project, so now they have control over what we see and when we see it. I'm willing to bet that the reason why Tony isn't on the boards anymore is because Sega doesn't want him to give out too much information about the game unless they know exactly what he is going to say and approve of it. When High Voltage was funding the game we got all types of footage and information by this time in development. I think Sega is handling it the right way though, they maybe waiting until the game is in Beta to show the game off more so it doesn't hurt any of its potential sales by looking shoddy. Also, we already know a **** ton about this game anyway, so it's not like we are starved for information like we are with COD: BO.
#17Brownprouder23Posted 9/27/2010 7:02:57 AM
People tend to be misled with just information about the game. If it is general, vague information such as that that they survive on, then people will think it to be better than it actually is. What I mean by this is that they are just talking the talk (as they always have) by making the game sound 100x better than it really is, and they are going to hide the game so that you can withhold your judgment about everything else.

For example, they say that they have sprinting this time around. All I have seen so far is a slightly faster walk with an awkward stop after the "sprint" is over. Also, in terms of the perks and new ideas in multiplayer, in all of the vids they just speak of it very vaguely, generally almost as if they have something to hide. Why don't they go more in depth with it if it's supposed to be one of their major selling points for the game?

Sorry for the long post. =D
#18BainesPosted 9/27/2010 12:54:53 PM
"Also, in terms of the perks and new ideas in multiplayer, in all of the vids they just speak of it very vaguely, generally almost as if they have something to hide. Why don't they go more in depth with it if it's supposed to be one of their major selling points for the game?"

At a guess, HVS has been speaking vaguely because they haven't actually nailed down the details for these things.

Maybe these things are in a state of flux, with HVS unwilling to commit to details. In such a case, it makes sense to be vague. You don't want to talk up a perk or a game mode and then have it cut or heavily altered before the final release because it didn't work as promoted.

Or perhaps these are things that they haven't even bothered to work out in the first place. Perhaps they are just talking hopeful, making vague promises of things not yet done. (A more cynical take might be to say they are making unfulfilled promises and hiding shortcomings through the lack of released information.)

Or maybe they are just being quite so that they won't have to hear people complain about the details, or go on about what is missing, or the like.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#19dacheatcodePosted 9/27/2010 6:22:26 PM
God damned game glitching out of the map.
---
If that thing is a Big Book, HE MUST BE A ****IN' GIANT! Run! ~Penn and Teller