conduit 2 is the only hope for a truly great fps on the wii...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 10/5/2010 8:18:00 PM
so we've got goldeneye and blackops coming down the line. big whoop. why you say? because i can tell already that theyre gonna be the same old half-ass efforts that previous activision wii shooters have been. hear me out:

goldeneye: basically modern warfare reflex with a bond theme. the problem with that? i can tell already that its going to contain the exact same lag-shooting, damn near broken online play that reflex contains. activision hasnt fixed these flaws over two online iterations of cod wii games, and i really dont expect them to now. plus, no voice chat. seriously? its 2010 dammit, get with the program! i can understand nintendos stance on the whole "talking to strangers thing", but why am i not even given the chance to talk to my friends? in this age of online gaming, this is absurd.

black ops: same reasons above, but "supposedly" will have some form of voice chat (ill believe it when i see it). with that said, the real problem hasnt been fixed, in that i guarantee that this game will still contain the same lag-filled crap online component that every other activision wii shooter has up to this point.

so, here we are with conduit 2. it actually looks like its trying here. proper voice chat with friends, patches, built from the ground up specifically to work on wii hardware, no lag shooting (as in, aiming at the actual target will reward you with a kill), and so on and so forth. heres hoping that it actually pans out this time, as this game is truly the wiis only hope for a great fps...

---
other m: ruining metroid fans lives since 8/31/10 (i personally think its a fine game though)
#2typhone004Posted 10/5/2010 8:19:25 PM
goldeneye belongs on the n64
black ops belongs on xbox/pc

this is our game =)
---
"Cod4 was a great sandwich"-heretic_x_666
Old Conduit name: ClrBlind
#3RyokoWinsPosted 10/5/2010 8:27:28 PM
The problem with online shooters for the Wii so far has been:
CoD has lagshooting
TCon has lageverythingelse...ing

Hopefully, C2 will fix this problem. :) I plan on getting BO as well though. I'm hoping the lagshooting will be fixed, but even if it's not, I'll still have fun with it.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#4Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 10/5/2010 9:18:25 PM
Yeah, lag was a big point of frustration for me. Especially when people are apparently falling off buildings and then appearing back on them again, only to have been shooting me the whole time, but the damage doesn't actually fully register until I'm back behind cover. Basically, I'm really looking forward to splitscreen.
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/5/2010 10:07:14 PM
The more I see of the other games, The more I'm convinced of Con2.
We know, at least, HVS listens, And is willing to take the leap.

Plus, I'm so sick of the COD formula.
#6NoblWolfPosted 10/5/2010 10:21:56 PM
Facepalm.
---
Thats why my grades went from A's to B's to C's, because of Double Ds
]\[''(+)|3I_<\^/>(+)|_|= http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/NoblWalrus/Me2.jpg
#7Simok123Posted 10/6/2010 5:40:01 AM
im still gonna pick up goldeneye. I dont only want conduit as my only fps on wii, I want others plus ive played QoS on wii with my friend and its fun IMO. I think GE will be a good "built from the ground up" kinda game. and plus ive never really played cod so it will be pretty new to me.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#8PedroMontanaPosted 10/6/2010 6:02:48 AM
1. Goldeneye: From what i see, GE is more focusing on the single player story mode and the local multiplayer. These are the modes they talk about in interviews and the modes they show in trailers.
I think it's somewhat unfair to expect a perfect online experience under these circumstances, especially considering most FPS are only successful in one or two of these modes and most FPS nowadays focus on the online but deliver a very barebones local multiplayer experience and a short and shallow single player mode with no replay value.

Also, Goldeneye is developed by a different company (Eurocom, not Treyarch) and it runs on a different engine (Dead Space Extraction engine, not CoD 4 engine) then the CoD games, so it does not really make much sense to expect every problem from CoD in GE.
Goldeneye runs on the engine Eurocom used for Dead Space Extraction, it does NOT use the CoD 4 engine (that MWR, WaW and QoS use).

2. CoD BO: Well, there is the chance this newer game will improve on the older ones, who knows? From what i know MWR had less problems with online glitches then the old Conduit, funny how you take massive improvements for C2 for granted bot think it's impossible for BO.

TC, i really think you should give these games a chance. You should not bash Goldneye based on experiences with other Activision games because GE is made by a different developer using a different engine build from ground up for the Wii.
You should also not focus so much on the online component when evaluating Goldeneye because i think most of the effort goes into single player and local multiplayer, and i think that's ok considering how overlooked these modes often are.
---
No More Heroes
#9incognito3Posted 10/6/2010 6:31:52 AM
You guys are completly ignoring Greg Hastings Paintball 2.

with classes, iron sites, diving for cover, multiple modes, perk like equipment, and custom map maker. This game is more of a "threat" to new FPS then most people seem to think and shouldnt be taken lightly =/
---
I am Time. -The Incognito Martian Enigma. FPS and RPGs FTW.
Looking forward-ish to: Greg Hasting's Paintball 2 and Conduit 2
#10Icuras08Posted 10/6/2010 7:46:28 AM
Greg Hastings does sound nice, and I like the concept of not killing.
Still, Conduit 2 will come out on top. I just wish they would show a minute of invasion mode though.
---
Set signature in options page.