Old Debug map as new playable map...

#11The_ShaderPosted 10/20/2010 11:49:18 PM
There was an area in the in the Debug Map where some Regenerating units hung, and were fully functional. Any person within them would be invincible, unless rapid SMAWS were used against them. Either way, the Map was very VERY broken and needs alot of polish before it could be used as a normal map.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#12bladester15Posted 10/21/2010 1:02:25 PM
I have never been on this map before.so I have no idea what u guys are talkin about.
---
Country+rap=crap.
Waldo was hiding from Chuck Norris.
#13Sudsy86_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 5:50:50 PM

The_Shader posted...
There was an area in the in the Debug Map where some Regenerating units hung, and were fully functional. Any person within them would be invincible, unless rapid SMAWS were used against them. Either way, the Map was very VERY broken and needs alot of polish before it could be used as a normal map.
---

Oh. Ok. That does ring a bell. I remember a lot of action going on over there and me being unable to kill people. I assumed the hacker had enabled something. Now that I see what you mean, you're right about the broken stuff needing to be fixed. Nowadays, when people use "broken" regarding gameplay phenomena, it's in exageration of something they're too lazy to counter. But, I think it would be extremely fun if the basic map design and animation was kept,

#14The_ShaderPosted 10/21/2010 11:06:40 PM
i would not have fun with the Debug map if it were kept the way it is, and have it be apart of all game modes.

Anything with a scope kills in this map, and you hardly have any cover. And that damn regenerating spot pisses me off so much. Theres no random health packs scattered about. no places to recover, no place to hide from snipers, and no place to hide from smaw's. its horrible. But still 'fun' only becuase its hacked and NOT part of the normal game. Like being a part of an in game secret. But thats it.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#15Sudsy86_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2010 10:21:35 PM

The two reasons are certainly a part. But I think the lack of animation in it makes it look fun. And the sheer openness of the map makes it extremely chaotic. I don't think there is a lack of cover. The map has tons of large objects. In an FFA, it would be madness. But that could be a good thing.