my biggest concern with the rocket launcher in multiplayer...

#21RyokoWinsPosted 10/22/2010 10:31:54 PM
^Wait. I don't understand. If it were a sidearm, there would be even more incentive to use it (using n00b logic: Hmm. A rocket launcher or a pistol?). You mentioned that it would be nerfed if it were a sidearm. Well, it could be nerfed as a primary weapon as well. I'm confused. Maybe you could rephrase your statement?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#22Xenozoa425Posted 10/23/2010 10:17:25 AM
Take your time and really think about it.

Exapmle Situation 1:

You -- Strike Rifle + SMAW
Him -- SCAR + USP 45

This is what I believe should hold true. The SMAW should be a sidearm that is unlocked at a later level in the game, and must be purchased. If you give a player 1 or 2 rockets for every time they spawn, they won't rely on it as much, and use it for more tactical situations (i.e. dispersing campers / crowds, taking out enemy air support, etc). They could then focus more on their primary weapon.

I also think the SMAW should have 1 or 2 unlockable / purchasable attachments, like a scope for longer ranges.

Exapmle Situation 2:

You -- SMAW + MP5k
Him -- Deatomizer + USP

You are resitricted to solely close range combat, and only get 1 or 2 rockets to take out people at long range. You can easily be picked off by nearly any enemy, and the person will rely on the SMAW too much because the MP5k is nearly useless at long distance. On the other hand, anyone in close combat will not be much of a problem, unless they also have an MP5k or a shotgun.

So you see, making the SMAW a sidearm would prove to have more benefits than if it was a primary.
---
Black Ops and Conduit 2! <3
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenozoa425
#23LigersRulePosted 10/23/2010 8:51:49 PM
Lol, a whole team of people aren't going to be able to effectively camp in the way that you're proposing. It simply wouldn't happen. And, if they did, they'd be stupid morons because all anyone on the other team would have to do is chuck two nades in and the whole team of campers would be dead.

Depending on the size of the room, and depending on the availability of nades. Remember, there are no ammo caches in this game. Sadly, you would probably get one or two kills using nades before the rest of the team wipes you out.

First of all, there will be sniper rifles that can shoot through walls. If I ever had a desire to camp, this fact would severely stunt that urge. Also the fact that, oh, I don't know, there's a SLIGHT possibility ONE person on the non-camping team could be using a rocket launcher and just beat the living hell out of the camping team with one rocket.

Those sniper rifles also alert the target a couple seconds before impact. Again, depending on the size of the room, they could easily avoid a phase rifle shot. Having one person with a rocket launcher wipe out a team of rocket launchers? First, the teams skill would be magnified, just as DP said in the OP, and then there are still those limits on the loner. Even if the player is considerably better, the team would beat him. As shown by any explosive match in The Conduit, skill doesn't play as much of a factor with Rocket Launchers.

Hmm, let's see. What else? Oh, how about, OH YEAH, the guns that can shoot around walls? Last time I checked, there were two. Is there ANY possible way that this could discourage campers? Also, invisibility? We don't know exact specifics about this, but this basic principle will surely apply: you can't hit what you can't see. Also, I hope I need only mention and not explain this term in order that you grasp its meaning: the Aegis Device.

The Warp Pistol and... What other one? I know I've been living under a stage recently, but am I missing some other weapon? Anyway, again, if it's a fairly large room, you'll have quite a bit of trouble hitting with the Warp Pistol. The AR-C Eclipse, now that might work. Sadly, once you get in the room and start firing, your gun will heat up and you will become visible. Might result in a death or two of the team. I believe the Aegis Device is confirmed to have a limit to either how much it can hold, or how much time it can be used for. Naturally, it will be effective, but probably not too much so.

Honestly, we don't have the game. From what's been released so far, it seems like there will be so many different combinations of different loadouts that it will be completely impossible to camp.

I can agree on this. I actually responded to this post imaging a 4-6 on 1 senario, where the 4-6 is already set up inside a room waiting for the 1. That's actually pretty impractical, as that leaves the rest of the 1's team to do whatever the crap they want.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison