New Screenshots

#21Phasmatis92Posted 10/24/2010 11:26:40 AM
Actually, CHAINMAILLEKID has a point; the record for most polygons pushed in-game last gen was by Rogue Squadron 3, a Gamecube title, and it did that while also running tons of bump-mapping, self-shadowing, light-scattering, and other high-end effects.
My personal pick for the best looking game last gen would be Resident Evil 4, also on Gamecube.

On Halo 2, it's ONE of the best looking Xbox titles, (shame about the texture pop-in) but Conker Live & Reloaded was the console's best in my opinion.
#22MKMaster93Posted 10/24/2010 12:35:05 PM
The best textures/graphics on Cube was starfox Adventures. The ways the eyes and mouth moves realisticly, the fur moving on Fox when he ran, everything, real.
---
---
C1 FC: 3138-1895-2374= Caboose MKWii FC: 4125-1490-7449= CRUSHYOU
#23VermineaterPosted 10/24/2010 12:53:41 PM
This game has better character models than Halo 2, but the environments seem to look better in that. D:

Oh, and for Starfox Adventures: It doesn't matter how pretty it was, it was still annoying and not fun. :(
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#24Phasmatis92Posted 10/24/2010 1:12:58 PM
Starfox Adventures was a pretty game overall, (Tho I agree with Verm that it was weak gameplay-wise) partricularly the fur shading on Fox and the refractive water, but the space levels and the dino character models left some to be desired.

Anyway, as Tony's said before, the thing with Conduit 2 is that it's focussing on what the Wii isn't really built for but the Xbox is, namely heavy use of advanced shaders, thanks to the latter's superior GPU. As such, the Xbox has an architectural advantage here. On the other hand, the Wii does have a better CPU and more (and faster) RAM, so we'll have to wait and see whether that's enough to make up for it's shader shortcomings.
#25gr295Posted 10/25/2010 4:38:17 PM

These new screens are really cool...but the crosshair looks like ****! HVS, with those extra four months, please change the crosshair!

#26ChangliniPosted 10/25/2010 4:49:41 PM
Seriously, imagine Big's unused potential.
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#27Valdimir_DregaPosted 10/26/2010 10:14:13 AM
I hope Jon St. John will make an effort to create a voice similar to the one that Sheppard gave us. It bothers me when a character's voice completely changes in the middle of a series. St. John is talented enough to do it too.

I personally want Ford's voice to stay as far away from Duke Nukem as possible even with his new voice actor.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#28Brownprouder23Posted 10/26/2010 10:21:31 AM
^I know what you mean. I hate when they change the actors for anything in the middle of the series, too. However, if you really think about it, Mr. Ford hardly spoke (besides his jumping "HEH" thing that you heard way too much online).

Mr. Ford lacked character. Every time he spoke it was melodramatic and dull, so I don't see it as too much of a loss that he won't have the same voice actor.
#29The_ShaderPosted 10/26/2010 2:33:08 PM
i was able to understand most of Mr. Fords character through the intro dialogue, and the moment of Prometheaus's death was all i needed to understand. Mr. Ford is the epitome of secret agent. Calm, quite, and emotionless. Definitely a "man in black", Mr. Ford isnt very moody for a human.

But i too hate it when actors are switched, and i hope there is little Duke Nukem in this game. But even if there isnt, its awesome to have the Duke a part of this anyways.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"