Think of a few new weapons for Humans and the Drudge that you want in MP.

#31OncalPosted 10/28/2010 5:48:19 PM

I'd like a new type of grenade that, when thrown, is transferred to the hit player's ammo (replacing one grenade if they were full on them) and glow green brightly in the hud, showing them they've been tagged. After its theirs, they have to run around and try to get rid of it by throwing it at another person (if it lands on the ground then it is forced back to you). Then they have to get rid of it. After about a minute, the hud display for the grenade changes to red, showing that it could go off at any time. When it finally explodes, it kills everyone within a fairly wide range, but the person who threw the thing last gets the points. Ah the chaos this could cause >:D

#32The_ShaderPosted 10/28/2010 8:46:55 PM
@Xenozoa425
You mean Radiation Nades?

@Oncal
That is an AMAZING idea. A grenade that is itself a "Hot Potato" Mode all in its own. This would be kinda annoying though, since once you get stickied by it, you would cease to stop trying to kill players, and just try and throw this thing at people. i suppose you could get stuck by it, but THEN throw it immediatly back at the other player.

Perhaps maybe make it a weapon drop... i dont know... theres sooo many applications with this idea. Good on you dude.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#33Xenozoa425(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2010 11:26:29 AM
No, not Drudge Radiation stickies. Semtex (timed sticky explosive grenades).
---
Black Ops and Conduit 2! <3
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenozoa425
#34plasma_beamPosted 10/29/2010 9:48:19 PM
did someone say not enough tentacles?

Drudge weapon; Entangler and Hook
It's a two part weapon, one part is like cylindrical drudge bio-weapon on your right arm(the entangler) and the second part is a short wrist blade on your left hand (the hook).
The regular fire is just weak plasma rounds from the entangler, doing about the same damage as an uncharged warp pistol shot, with a low-firing rate.

In the alternate fire, the entangler opens up like a jaw and shoots 3 tentacles in a short range. If they hit a player, it will begin to drag him towards you and you will not be able to move around. Once he or she is dragged close enough to you, you will be able to stab him with the "hook". 2-3 hits and the player is dead. While being dragged, the player can still look around and shoot, so if he is quick enough, he could still kill you.
It will take about 2-3 seconds for the entangler to drag the player into range for the hook, and another 2-3 seconds to stab him dead, so the victim has a good 4-6 seconds to kill you. Of course, he is being dragged and shaken about, so his aim is thrown off,

Balances;
-You cannot move about or shoot while the player is being dragged, your both sitting ducks for another player to come and kill you both/rescue the victim.
-You cannot defend yourself from the victim, if they have a good aim, they could easily get a few headshots and kill you.
-The entangler should be pretty large, so movement speed is slowed.
-Changing guns requires you to remove both the entangler and the hook, meaning it will take 2-3 times as long as a regular weapon switch.
-The entangler makes a loud, distinctive, high-pitched sound when the tentacles are fired, and you have to wait 5 seconds before firing them again. In other words, if you miss, the victim will know you're there and have a good chance to shoot kill you. You can switch guns, but remember changing guns takes twice as long as normal.
-Pretty much useless if there's more than one enemy.

Possible strategies and use;
It's pretty much an ambush weapon. Get someone to follow you upstairs, knock down a bookcase, crouch down behind it, wait for them walk by and entangle them.
Or just sit still in an important room and wait for someone to rush inside.
The best shot would be one from the back, since the target will have to turn around before being able to shoot you.
If you're playing with teams, have a teammate next to you, entangle an opponent and have your teammate kill them while they're being dragged around by the tentacles.
It could also work from ceiling and higher ground to targets on the ground. Just get on a ledge, and aim down.
Imagine walking down the street, looking for an enemy, and SHRIEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!! you're being dragged up by some tentacles.

-by plasma_beam =)
---
I'm neutral
#35The_ShaderPosted 10/29/2010 10:28:09 PM
^ sounds good... but, i dont think HVS will EVER make a weapon that manipulates other players in terms of movement. So i think your tentacle gun is a no go. And i think whoever asked for tentacles was just joking. Drudge are insects, if theres no insects with tentacles, then there shouldnt be tentacle weapons. 'nough said.

@Xenozoa425
.... Why should we get rid of the normal bouncy timed Frags when we already have a grenade that stickies and when it stickies to a player, it means kill. Why??? Theres a reason why all grenades in Conduit are unique dude.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#36Xenozoa425(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2010 5:43:37 AM
There's nothing wrong with having multiple types of grenades with different uses.

Humans could get frags and semtex, Trust get flashbangs and a unique grenade that opens on the floor when thrown, and produces a slight electric shock that temporarily stuns the player for 2-5 seconds, "stunning" them. And the Drudge get Radiation stickies, and a bio-grenade that explodes bio-mass on nearby players and obstructs their vision (not as much as flashbangs) and the bio-mass corrodes your armor and slightly lowers your health for a few seconds.

Also, I didn't mean to get rid of a particular grenade over another, but rather you're given a choice between the 2 (or even 3) grenades in the same category.
---
#37ChangliniPosted 10/30/2010 10:28:09 AM
I'll post another possible implantation weapon for the .... uh....human forces?

The Stun Gun

It basically a weapon the launches some kind of electrical object that stuns the target leaving it immobile on the ground becoming a very easy target. It has basically one or two possible shots at most and has no secondary function.

Personally, I'd put that as a perk weapon but it could be just as fine as a secondary.

____

I also think that there should be a perk that lets you be able to have a rapid eject function for most human weapons that would shoot the empty magazine towards the direction you're aiming at which will just cause some extra damage but would add time to the reload animation if you don't hit a target.
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#38RedsaberOfdooMPosted 10/30/2010 11:43:16 AM

[QUOTE="Xenozoa425"]There's nothing wrong with having multiple types of grenades with different uses.

Humans could get frags and semtex, Trust get flashbangs and a unique grenade that opens on the floor when thrown, and produces a slight electric shock that temporarily stuns the player for 2-5 seconds, "stunning" them. And the Drudge get Radiation stickies, and a bio-grenade that explodes bio-mass on nearby players and obstructs their vision (not as much as flashbangs) and the bio-mass corrodes your armor and slightly lowers your health for a few seconds.

Also, I didn't mean to get rid of a particular grenade over another, but rather you're given a choice between the 2 (or even 3) grenades in the same category.
---
Black Ops and Conduit 2!

#39Xenozoa425(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2010 1:12:22 PM
Why did you fail at quoting my text, good sir? :O
---