Gamepro preview and some old footage(I didn't see i maybe others haven't either)

#1LazzyIyePosted 11/1/2010 2:36:55 PM
http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/217127/conduit-2-preview/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKxns5tOBU&feature=related

Does anybody else notice how much praise for the game graphics there has been lately? I'm glad too because that last trailer really killed my hype.
#2Phasmatis92Posted 11/1/2010 10:47:13 PM
I too found this reassuring; don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete graphics whore, but I like it when I don't have to choose between Wii controls and pleasant visuals.
#3The_ShaderPosted 11/2/2010 6:17:31 AM
i have not actually seen this footage before. and i've yet to take a look at the preview but look closely at about 7:30. The TPC Launcher now acts more like a grenade launcher as the TPC's bounce a little more, and actually lay dormant on the ground for a second to two before exploding. When shot at higher heights, and slam onto the ground, they detonate. (as if the more impact they have with walls or surfaces, the more chance it'll explode upon impact.)

then around 7:40, if you watch AND listen closely, you notice the TPC Launchers light turn from blue to red, signaling its alternative fire mode is switched, and the TPC then fired will stick to wherever it lands, and become a proximity mine. You can lay up to 4 up these at a time, and they are VERY easy to spot. (you cant see them through walls like what Sit Rep used to do in CoD, but it flashes, so its very easy to spot.)

This is a pretty old video, so everything in here is pretty switched. Also, the Down button on the D-pad is what switched to alternative fire.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#4The_ShaderPosted 11/2/2010 6:33:36 AM
i would like to add that this footage shows that the Atlantis map or whatever this is (Alien Crash Site map?) is absolutely ****ing detailed. Not only that but it gives you a spawn WAY up high in the cliff side. Amazing map.

Although this could be a campaign map, sealed off, and used as a multiplayer map for E3. Who knows.
We'll need some legit multiplayer footage in order to see if the map is what it is. At first i always thought it was just a great, brand new multiplayer map that also shows the unique locals you'll visit. But this footage makes me second guess and think its WAY too detailed and big for a multiplayer map. i guess thats a good thing huh?
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"