A Conduit 2 differentiating feature - option for "No 2 weapon limit"

#1nintendomaniacPosted 11/3/2010 12:42:06 PM
With more FPS competition on the Wii, I came up with an idea to differentiate itself even more-so from others and typical "Call of Duty" mechanics.

Yes, it's the classic no weapon amount limit.

In particular, I was thinking how the new GoldenEye lacks weapon pickups on the map unlike the N64 one. Conduit 2, however, has these. Therefore, I think it be VERY advantageous to use these pickups in combination with an optional "No 2 weapon limit" and take advantage of the lack of such a function in most FPSes this generation. This could also pull in the crowd that was looking for a more classic GoldenEye/Perfect Dark style of deathmatch that is lacking in the new GoldenEye.

Now the main thing is that, AFAIK, there are NO games that actually make this a multiplayer OPTION. Why does it have to absolute: any weapon amount or 2 weapon limit - why not both/either? Similar to the crazy control customization, this way everyone can be satisfied.

And if you think this will cause control issues, then you're not thinking very well. The "change weapon" button becomes "next weapon" and "swap weapon" become "previous weapon". It's really not that hard guys!
---
Wii Code: 8374-5612-2233-9267
#2LostEpicsPosted 11/3/2010 1:44:37 PM
FINALLY, someone who remembers the glory days of FPS games! I've been hoping for that option for...well, ever since modern shooters have decided EVERY game must be like Halo/COD.

I hope it comes. Being able to carry a shotgun, sniper rifle, three automatics, a pistol, a bazooka, and 6 grenades in your pockets just made my day when playing old school shooters. I want video game clothes. In Resident Evil 3, Jill could carry a machine gun, acid grenade launcher (and acid grenades), a medicine chest, a car battery, and a 357 Magnum in a leather mini-skirt. Screw realism, these are video games!
---
Josef Swinkunas
PSP2 - Josef, Human Male Vanguard, Clan: Shadow Raiders (Join Up!)
#3ddd87Posted 11/3/2010 1:51:54 PM
Yes !!!!
#4nintendomaniac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 2:21:37 PM
So I'm NOT the only one who wants this! I always had a hunch about it, yet such an option hasn't come up in other games AFAIK...

GENTLEMEN, we must RALLY THE BASE! (before it's too late, AKA Feb.15!)
---
#5Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/3/2010 2:45:10 PM
I'm Valdimir Drega and I approve this message.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#6LigersRulePosted 11/3/2010 3:22:36 PM
before it's too late, AKA Feb.15

You do realize that on Feb. 14th, the game is nation wide, complete, and sitting in Gamestops/various other game stores throughout the country, right?

You do realize that for a couple weeks beforehand, the game is being shipped all across the nation, right?

You do realize that the finished product of the game will be finished probably before the end of the year, right?

You do realize that I'm stuck talking like this now, and you must send a search party to locate my other formats of speech through the deepest, darkest, unused reaches of my mind, right?
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#7nintendomaniac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 3:30:34 PM
Yeah, I do realize that, but unfortunately that's the only concrete date we have, and if it's anything like Conduit 1 it'll be delayed a second time. :P
---
#8LigersRulePosted 11/3/2010 3:35:14 PM
Oh, I hope it's delayed a second time. I hope that really, really, really badly.

Heck, I still don't even recognize a first delay. When did HVS say anything other then "This Winter"? I don't know about you, but I consider February to be a winter month.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#91918mePosted 11/3/2010 5:59:15 PM
1918me fully supports this idea.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out from other sigs like most people do... lol see what I did there?
#10elheberPosted 11/3/2010 6:14:50 PM
I had (might still, actually) an old Game Players Magazine from before 007 Goldeneye was released on the N64. It had an early (and quite negative) glimpse of the game (I remember re-reading that and thinking, WOW, they had NO idea how great this game was gonna be). In it, they said the game was going to be a strategic shooter with a two weapon limit, where part of the strategy would come in.

I find it hilarious now, that what they were going to implement ended up becoming a staple of modern shooters.

I want to relive the glory days of carrying impossibly large quantities of weapons. I support this.

So, how would the controls be handled for more than 2 weapons?
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.