gonna be honest, the co-op gameplay doesnt look too good graphic wise...

#1Neo-ganonPosted 11/4/2010 11:42:10 AM

i mean im sure its from an early build of the game, but the graphics (even by the wii's standards) and the lag hampers the game

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/03/conduit-2-two-player-split-gameplay?objectid=67276

i mean it looks like something that should be on the DS...

#2Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/4/2010 12:24:22 PM
During Splitscreen the Wii basically has to render two seperate environments at one time to accomodate each individual player's space. Not only that, it has to sync the activities between players. Therefore, the graphics have to take a couple of hits in order to maintain framerate. As for it looking like something from the DS that's an extreme hyperbole.

Go play a PS2 game and you'll find that the graphical quality for that splitscreen gameplay is similar in visual effect, but moderately higher in resolution.

While the Wii is still a highly underestimated system, it does have its limits when it comes to rendering and syncing up to 4 different game-space environments at a time.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#3ChangliniPosted 11/4/2010 12:28:46 PM
If the DS could render that, Nintendo might have already made double of what they have today.

Provided that DS has the same battery life as the original phat one.
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#4Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2010 12:37:24 PM

Valdimir_Drega posted...
During Splitscreen the Wii basically has to render two seperate environments at one time to accomodate each individual player's space. Not only that, it has to sync the activities between players. Therefore, the graphics have to take a couple of hits in order to maintain framerate. As for it looking like something from the DS that's an extreme hyperbole.

Go play a PS2 game and you'll find that the graphical quality for that splitscreen gameplay is similar in visual effect, but moderately higher in resolution.

While the Wii is still a highly underestimated system, it does have its limits when it comes to rendering and syncing up to 4 different game-space environments at a time.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.

thats why im saying its probably from an earlier build of the game (the video), considering how the weapons look different than they do in the single player campaign. and ive played games on the ds that look that good.

#5RyokoWinsPosted 11/4/2010 12:43:39 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky people that doesn't care. I didn't even notice the difference until I saw this topic.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#6tconslayerPosted 11/4/2010 12:55:10 PM

Yea there is gonna be a sacrifice in graphics for splitscreen but really i diddnt notice much of a difference

#7ddd87Posted 11/4/2010 1:03:02 PM
Split screen never looks as good as the single player (on wii at least). It will either lose some framerate or polygons, or both.

Its not even comparable to other split screen wii games like GE since conduit2 has CPU enemies in the gameplay as well.
#8slit_your_gutzPosted 11/4/2010 1:50:06 PM
Looks good to me.

You've played a wii game before right?
#9Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2010 2:37:04 PM

the only console i own is a wii, so to answer your question yes. and im not saying the graphics are the worst, im just disappointed at that fact since i was expecting better for splitscreen.

#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 11/4/2010 3:17:54 PM
Splitscreen with decent graphics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no splitscreen. I couldn't care less about it if it's fun.