I'm bored let's make a gamemode

#1SaintXSPosted 11/6/2010 8:27:28 PM
Instead of using game modes from other games let's come up with one really good idea for a game mode that's unlike any other game to add a little more uniqueness to the conduit so it's just not "another shooter".

I'm still thinking....

I'm also thinking that HVS needs a search and destroy-type gamemode, not exactly like it but similar. It's like the most popular game mode on CoD and CoD's the only game that has it...
#2Combo_Breaker1Posted 11/6/2010 8:34:43 PM
Grenade spam mode

The only things that work are the joystick and the grenade button

Unfun times will ensue.
---
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 11/6/2010 8:59:14 PM
no idea if this is unique or not, but whatever.

ASE bearers:
Team Objective
Time limite: 10 minutes
Goal: Have the most ASE's on your team

One player on each team is randomly chosen to be the "ASE bearer". The other team will not know who is chosen on the opposing team. When this person is killed they drop a ASE (the ASE is not visible on their person, it only shows up when they die and drop it). The person that picks this up now becomes a ASE bearer. If they're killed they'll drop the ASE once again for anyone to pick up. As check points are reached (at 4 minutes and at 8 minutes for example) 2 more people become ASE bearers. Increasing the number of ASE's on the field by 2 each time to a max of 6 at the end of the game. This is once again random, but for these check point ASE's there is a chance that two people on the losing team will become ASE bearers, or just 1 to each team. The team in the lead will never receive both ASE's. If the teams are tied it will always split between the two teams. The overall goal is to have the most ASE bearers on your team when the time limit runs out. Each person can only carry 1 ASE as long as there is someone on your team that does not have a ASE. For games where there are less than 6 people, you could have situations where all 4 people on your team have a ASE. If you get to a point where you can steal the last 2 ASE's then 2 people on your team will have two ASE's. They will drop both if killed.

I haven't decided if the ASE's in this game should be like the ones in ASE football and Capture the ASE, meaning that being a bearer restricted you to melee's and nades only. I'm leaning towards yes, because that means more team work protecting the bearers from people who can use guns. Also would make it more difficult to keep a perfect 6 ASE lead.

Now that I think about it, this is kinda like a team version of ASE football :o
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 11/6/2010 9:07:29 PM
oh, forgot to mention that if its a 3-3 tie at the end then the team with the most kills wins. If that's a tie then it just ends as a tie :P
#5Neo-ganonPosted 11/6/2010 10:40:08 PM

team invasion mode.

there are two teams in invasion mode. the goal of this mode is to cooperate with your team members to survive. in short, you have tousemore tactics (like covering each other, watching each others backswhilemovie and making ammo runs)andwork together to survive.the team that survives the longest wins.

#6LigersRulePosted 11/6/2010 10:43:13 PM
Hypothetically, Flame, if the ASE Bearer, the one originally randomly selected, never got killed, would that count as a point for his team? And are you alerted when you are made an ASE Bearer so you can know if you should hide or go all out?
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#7UltimateFlame13Posted 11/7/2010 8:29:04 AM
Hypothetically, Flame, if the ASE Bearer, the one originally randomly selected, never got killed, would that count as a point for his team? And are you alerted when you are made an ASE Bearer so you can know if you should hide or go all out?

Yes, and yes
#8tconslayerPosted 11/7/2010 11:49:49 AM

Ok this is like a zombie mode starts with one zombie they are cloaked and invisable on radar their only gun is acr eclipse (or something else diddnt think of a gun) every other player has an ase they must scan them make them visable that is the only way to damage them while they are visable and whoever the zombie kills becomes a zombie.

Also a juggernaut mode would rock

#9Neo-ganonPosted 11/7/2010 2:48:36 PM

id also like to see a "human vs. aliens" mode. its basically a cross between team-reaper and a king of the hill type of mode. one team uses human soldiers/trust player models with human/trust weapons, the other team is drudge and the 4th faction using their respective weapons.

#10Z1LVER12Posted 11/7/2010 3:00:39 PM
^^ Sounds awesome
--------------------------------------------------
The Conduit FC:0947-5322-3644