I'm bored let's make a gamemode

#21themilitarydudePosted 11/9/2010 2:50:32 PM

dacheatcode posted...
Rapid Fire Rocket Mode

Players must fight between the hive cannon spawn and the rocket launcher spawn as they constantly attempt to take both to the nearest ammo cache, avoiding fire from enemies and badgering teammates to become the SUPER ROCKET LAUNCHING JUGGERNAUT. This Juggernaut controls the entire game until he screws up and accidentally blows himself up or someone else gets lucky and kills him. He also has the power to crash the game whenever he likes. Players will marvel at how insanely fast the rocket launcher is firing that they might poop a little and complain about it on Gamefacks, in which we will all share stories about this wonderful game mode.

I think a taco game mode should be included, also.
---
If that thing is a Big Book, HE MUST BE A ****IN' GIANT! Run! ~Penn and Teller

fortunatly they've fixed that glitch with the rapid fire rocket launchers.

#22psychobrewPosted 11/9/2010 9:22:02 PM
Team based ASE football.
#23Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 11/9/2010 10:25:55 PM
That would be pretty awesome, actually.

Here's one I came up with a while ago.

Elimination
3 rounds of somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes

Each team starts with 2-4 conduits (depending on number of players). The goal is to destroy all of the other team's conduits, while at the same time protecting your own. Each time a conduit is destroyed, you're also effectively destroying a spawn point, which means it's easier to predict where people will spawn. If one team destroys all the conduits of the other team and kills all of the other players, that team is awarded a point and the round is over. If one team's conduits are destroyed but they manage to survive until the timer runs out as well as get an average of 3 kills (again, depending on number of players) per minute, then no one gets a point. If it's a tie at the end of the 3 rounds, it goes into overtime/sudden death, in which everyone has one life and only half health.
#24The_ShaderPosted 11/10/2010 12:12:23 AM
^ The conduits as spawn points could have some seriously bad potential. Just giving the enemy HINTS of where you'll spawn is just asking for spawn kills. One of the many frustrations that developers try to avoid when creating a game.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#25KilalmenPosted 11/12/2010 4:04:42 PM
Hears an idea for a game mode

you get your basic 2 teams. However whenever you kill someone on the opposite team they switch over to your team making you team bigger. so the winner would be the team with the most players at the end of the game. but the catch is that when one of your team gets killed the rest of your team gets stronger, so fewer members there are on your team the more you damage deal, less you take, faster you move, and whatever other perks kick in as your team gets smaller. the last man standing would be invincible as to keep the game from ending prematurely.

on the other hand the bigger the winning team is at the end of the game. The smaller the end game rewards would be (basically bigger risk, bigger reward)

there would stall be pity points for the losing team of course.
#26Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 11/12/2010 5:05:49 PM
@ Shader: True, but sooner or later someone is going to get through and destroy your team's conduits, and then you're screwed.
#27The_ShaderPosted 11/12/2010 5:46:55 PM
^ or they wont... and will just keep spawn killing people with SPAS's an such. Its another bad idea dude.
NEVER HAVE SPECIFIC SPAWNING SPOTS
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"