why are there trust posters in the dc levels?

#1Neo-ganonPosted 11/8/2010 12:10:28 AM

i mean they are supposed to be a secretive group of the government. they are the men in black basically, so why are they advertising their existence?

i know they technically reveal themselves to the general public over the course of the first game by having their agents fighting the drudge, but who would have the time to print off propaganda and run around the city posting the stuff, in the middle of a warzone no less? that sounds like a pretty big plothole to me.

#2gr295Posted 11/8/2010 5:33:29 AM

^You do make a good point. I can't really think of any reasons to argue...unless they wanted to advertise the fact that they took over the city. That would make a cool easter egg. Mr. Ford walks up to two Trust agents putting up a poster, and then something funny happens.

#3ddd87Posted 11/8/2010 5:43:37 AM
They are protecting the city from the drudge invasion. Besides for just looking funny, there can be a few reasons for these in this area.
#4gr295Posted 11/8/2010 5:46:33 AM

^ But didn't the Trust create the Drudge?

#5ddd87Posted 11/8/2010 5:52:45 AM
^ And yet you see them killing each other in dc. I can smell a conspiracy plot there
#6ChangliniPosted 11/8/2010 6:47:44 AM
Well, that plot could revolve around the few Trust forces rebelling against Adams due to a reveal...

Though anything can happen with the lack of information we have.
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#7Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 12:03:08 PM

yeah i know they are supposed to be protecting the city, but when ww2 happened you didnt see any american soldiers running around putting up uncle sam posters in berlin in the midst of a huge firefight.

#8UltimateFlame13Posted 11/8/2010 12:47:20 PM
The trust essentially run the country now. They have plenty of resources to spend time putting up propaganda to advertise their rule. Does it make sense when most of the population isn't even in the town, and its all drudge? Not really, but clearly Adam's is a strange individual indeed.
#9Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 6:53:15 PM

speaking of adam's i love the one poster thats basically adam's, and under him it says "SAVIOR." and its in the style of those red and blue obama posters.

#10ddd87Posted 11/8/2010 7:22:06 PM
@ Neo-ganon

I think your example of ww2 is kinda the opposite of what's happening in the dc level in c2. The nazis would be the trust, and the americans would be the drudge (since the combat is in germany). Now, if the nazis actually had their symbols all over the place in urban areas, I have no idea.