why are there trust posters in the dc levels?

#11The_ShaderPosted 11/8/2010 7:35:50 PM
..... wow... so many posts and nobody is right yet.

if you recall the events of the original game, you'd know that the President put the Trust in power to fight against the Drudge, giving them supreme command over all military force of the US.

So, they let the populace know. They say "Hey! were the guys saving the world! we are you friends! we love you! trust us! we are your protects!" through their posters.

How is this not obvious? the more people that are on Trusts side, the more they have power over everything. so simple people.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#12Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 7:52:15 PM

my point is that they dont take power untill washington dc is in the process of being attacked. if you were in charge of defending an already war-torn city (even if you were just pretending to), would you waste time by putting up propoganda posters or would you do your job and actually defend the city?

#13The_ShaderPosted 11/8/2010 7:57:04 PM
^ you do realize that some weird time line **** going on right?

How was it that the Trust were on oil-deilects already when Mr. Ford went through the Portal? Maybe the Trust were biding their time to let the populace know of their existence and their power. Just as soon as the Drudge showed up, was the moment the Trust needed to let everyone know "Hey! were the good guys! these are the bad guys! follow us and youll live!"

These guys are putting up posters in the middle of a battlefield. They arent risking their lives picking up thumb tacks to stick stuff onto walls. This happened during a time of somewhat peace AFTER the president put them in power. Since its been a while since then, ALOT could have happened.
---
#14UltimateFlame13Posted 11/8/2010 7:59:13 PM
So, they let the populace know. They say "Hey! were the guys saving the world! we are you friends! we love you! trust us! we are your protects!" through their posters.

So simple you say, yet you skip over one crucial detail. Care to explain how the populace are going to see said posters which let them know? I don't know about you, but it seemed pretty clear to me that the people in D.C. were evacuated, turned puppet, or killed when the drudge invaded in the first game. Considering the drudge are still crawling over D.C. and it is essentially a battlefield between the trust and drudge, I highly doubt the civilian population felt comfortable enough to return to the city. :)

Bottom line is the posters are there not to make sense logically, but to give the city a bit more life as the player makes their way through it. I'd rather there be posters in an abandoned invaded city than nothing but blank walls.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Want: Golden Sun DD, AC Brotherhood
http://oi55.tinypic.com/28i00n8.jpg
#15Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 8:15:30 PM

The_Shader posted...
^ you do realize that some weird time line **** going on right?

How was it that the Trust were on oil-deilects already when Mr. Ford went through the Portal? Maybe the Trust were biding their time to let the populace know of their existence and their power. Just as soon as the Drudge showed up, was the moment the Trust needed to let everyone know "Hey! were the good guys! these are the bad guys! follow us and youll live!"

These guys are putting up posters in the middle of a battlefield. They arent risking their lives picking up thumb tacks to stick stuff onto walls. This happened during a time of somewhat peace AFTER the president put them in power. Since its been a while since then, ALOT could have happened.
---

you realize that their oil rig is in the middle of the bermuda triangle right? there wouldnt be planes or boats anywere near it to see it.

#16The_ShaderPosted 11/8/2010 8:23:00 PM
^ you do also realize that their oh so precious ASE was being stolen and they were sending everything they had to go and get it back. Unless those Either that or the guys on the Oil Rig were disobeying orders.
---
#17Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 8:27:16 PM

^you realize that they are supposed to be a secret society so they probably covered the whole airport situation up as a terrorist attack i mean this is a secretive government agency that covers up aliens were talking here.