Does anyone else love the new SCAR?

#1gr295Posted 11/8/2010 5:41:36 AM

I do a ton! It is absolutely ten times better than the old one, and the only small problem I can think of is lack of ammo, but a perk should fix that. I can't wait to mow people down. And an interesting side note: I was playing Tcon yesterday on Human and Trust waepon sets, and I was noscoping people's heads with the old SCAR. I got like a 20 kill streak with that thing. I can finally see its power.

#2Phasmatis92Posted 11/8/2010 6:43:47 AM
I certainly do.

It looks and sounds much crisper and more realistic than in the first game, the scope mode looks more convenient, and I HATE burst-fire weapons so I'm thrilled that it's gone full auto.
#3Neo-ganonPosted 11/8/2010 12:08:07 PM

^ i completely agree. i dont like burst fire weapons either (when they changed the battle rifle for halo 2 it made me mad), so im glad its full auto. on another note, when you aim it, the shots sound much more realistic.

#4UltimateFlame13Posted 11/8/2010 12:52:50 PM
From what I've seen in the videos, yeah I like it more this way.
#5Aile_WingPosted 11/8/2010 1:42:09 PM
I absolutely love the new SCAR. I can't wait to annihilate others by using it.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#6tconslayerPosted 11/8/2010 3:07:31 PM

Yea it does seem awesome love the scope and cant wait for it reminds me of the dmr

#7SmallerRidleyPosted 11/8/2010 3:27:05 PM
Always liked the feel of a good carbine.

Full auto is nice as well.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8The_ShaderPosted 11/8/2010 4:18:56 PM
i hate it how MW2 only had one Assault Rifle that shot single-fire. Sure there were the pistols and snipers, but i just wanted more variety.

Conduit 2 better use variety too, theres no burst type weapons now, if you dont count the Shrieker. With the HVS forcing the player to shoot slower (it has a set rate of firing that cannot be passed no matter how fast your trigger finger is, which i love.)

The SCAR is nowhere near the awesomeness that is the DMR and Needle Rifle. Those are the epitome of single fire assault rifles. The SCAR is now essentially a MP5 but with more range, ammo, and less recoil. i guess the Strike Rifle is the new SCAR in terms of mid to long range.

Hopefully the Deatomizer is burst now. Would make sense too, either fire 3 plasma shots one after the other accurately, or 3 all at once for more power but less accuraccy. Please HVS... do this for me T_T
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9ddd87Posted 11/8/2010 4:27:46 PM
^ But the deatomizer is a charge weapon.
#10The_ShaderPosted 11/8/2010 7:47:54 PM
^ you do know what a BURST weapon is right? you pull the trigger ONCE and it automatically shoots a set amount of bullets usually 3, but some weapons in real life fire in burst 2 or 4. single fire is when ONE bullet is shot when you pull the trigger ONCE, and automatic weapons are weapons that keep on firing as you hold the trigger down. Even if you held the trigger down with the Burst type of weapons, they still only fire that set amount of bullets. they dont keep firing.

..... understand now? Burst would work perfectly fine on the Deatomizer. Or are you confusing the Deatomizer with the Carbonizer? -_-
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"