Playstyle exp bonuses and accolades

#1Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/8/2010 5:42:54 PM
Uncharted 2 comes to mind when thinking of awards like this. As a matter of fact, getting as many playstyle bonuses as possible is the best way to level up in the game. It's my favorite way of doing things, as I'm usually better with more melee and support based playstyles.

HVS, should create as many of these bonuses as they can think of without flooding the center of the screen with them like MW2 does. I say, we help em do it!

Grenade Awards
1. "Rad!"- stick a foe with a radiation grenade for a kill
2. "Black Hole"- foe is killed by being in proximity to a radiation grenade vortex
3. "Geiger Counter"- 3 or more kills in one match using radiation grenades
4. "Roswell Syndrome"- 5 or more kills in one match using radiation grenades

5. "Illuminist"-Flashbang, then Kill a blinded foe
6. "Blind Rage"- Kill a foe while blinded by a flashbang

7. "I Have a Rock!"- Kill 2 or more foes with a frag grenade

Melee Awards
1. "Sucker-Punch"- 1 melee kill from behind
2. "Covert-ops"- 3 or more melee-stealth kills in one match
3. "Clandestine warrior"- 5 or more stealth-melee kills in one match
3. "Hindsight's 20/20"-two or more stealth-melee deaths in one match

4. "Fist and iron"- Finish a foe with a melee attack after softening them with gunfire
5. "Bruiser"- 3 or more melee kills
6. "Float like a Butterfly"- 5 or more melee kills in one match

Other Awards
1. "Hazard Pay"- kill a foe using environmental hazards
2. "Hazardously Wasted"- multiple deaths from environmental hazard
3. "Homeland Security"- most kills to foes using alien skins
4. "Renaissance Man"- 3 kills with primary, 3 with secondary, and 3 with explosives in one match.

That's all I've got for now. Feel free to contribute or edit the current ones that I made.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#2tconslayerPosted 11/8/2010 7:17:42 PM

sniper spree

sniper domination

noscope spree

shot in the dark- a bunch of no scopes in a row

assasination spree

ninj- a bunch of assasinations

shotgun spree

Juggernaut

SMG spree

Run n gun

rocket spree

ultamate noob-obviously

#3The_ShaderPosted 11/8/2010 7:24:30 PM
accolades have been done to death... i liked how simple The Conduit xp system was. the mere sound of "Reign of Terror" was enough to get me going for a 50 kill streak. if i was fighting noobs or something. if not, then i'd probably only make it to 30-40
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#4SmallerRidleyPosted 11/8/2010 8:37:13 PM
Only if there's an achievements-type list of them somewhere in the game a la TF2.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#5Valdimir_Drega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 8:40:37 PM
But then, only the players with godly aim get any decen points. I like a game that promotes different styles of play by rewarding those who enjoy doing other things such as healing, support, etc.

It also makes the overall flow of the multiplayer seem less repetitive because it encourages players that would otherwise stick to run-'n-gun to use different methods to earn different rewards. As I said, Uncharted 2 is an excellent example of this. I doubt anyone would try to pull people off ledges in that game if they didn't get an extra 500 experience for each one.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#6DemonZangetsuPosted 11/9/2010 5:49:04 PM
Maybe they could do something like Super Smash Bros. or Timesplitters. You get a bunch of awards after a match ends, in addition to the XP you got that match. The awards are only for collectors purposes. And you can get the same awards every match. But they would have to be like TC's suggestions, having clever names instead of obvious ones.
---
Platinum - 1676 9871 8886
Heart Gold - 1763 4861 1604
#7Numbuh100Posted 11/10/2010 10:40:57 AM
Accolades? You guys want this to be like Goldeneye?
#8Brownprouder23Posted 11/10/2010 11:37:33 AM
Headshots, anyone?
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/10/2010 1:08:26 PM
They don't need to be EXP bonus's...

In fact, they probably shouldn't be.
I'd like them to just be 'bonus points" which are tallied up at the end of the match and displayed just for fun.
and then if you want you can go into detail about the bonus's people earned, and their statistics for the match like Shots fired, shots hit, most deadly weapon, distance traveled. etc.
Maybe give negative bonus for things like staying in one place the entire match, or only using one weapon type the whole match.
#10Simok123Posted 11/10/2010 3:24:18 PM
Id like some accolades like in goldeneye. those are interesting
---
CONDUIT MASTA!