Portal interview quick roundup

#21Prime011Posted 11/14/2010 11:02:36 AM
Anyone know how many waves there will be in Invasion mode?
---
Waiting for: Conduit 2!!! Let's go Daos!!!
Hebrews 11:1
#22ddd87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2010 12:02:39 PM
^ Not sure, I dont even know if it has a time limit, but they said it was long

The link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/drudge_watch/2010/11/13/drudge-watch-episode-7-111210
#23xhunter143Posted 11/14/2010 1:53:13 PM
Prime011 posted...
Anyone know how many waves there will be in Invasion mode?
---
Waiting for: Conduit 2!!! Let's go Daos!!!
Hebrews 11:1

i can only imagine it being endless like nazi zombies, but, one thing worries me. if any of you saw IGN's videos of Conduit 2, they showed a multiplayer feature, and there was team invasion in their. it looked fairly boring due to lack of enemies and slow pacing, but i remember someone saying the game could of been messed up form IGN using invincibility, but idk. the rest of the game looks amazing though.

i believe this is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOiTBx9CrI
#24Simok123Posted 11/14/2010 5:44:30 PM
people need to understand; lock on is here to stay. it was in the first, it has to be in the second. if it want in the first, it would be okay but now they are stuck with it.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#25Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/14/2010 5:51:02 PM
HVS's current demos of the game are all set on invincibility. The reason for this is, even though the enemies don't move too much, they're all set to track your head. Every shot they take in the demo would be a headshot, and HVS wouldn't be able to show anything off with hampered progress like that.

Part of what HVS is currently working on, is balancing the game and building triggers and behavior patterns for the AI to work with. Once that is done the game will be very close to Beta stages, and the game will finally look roughly the way HVS intends it to. Enemeis will likely look for cover and adapt to their situation, once those perameters are put into place.

In short, stop measuring the gameplay on an Alpha build. Wait until it's a Beta and then mail in your concerns.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#26xhunter143Posted 11/14/2010 8:05:44 PM
...why is it set to HS only?

Well, if thats the case, it makes sense. And it is still and beta, and this being a large Wii game everything not being done does not surprise me. But anyone who doesn't know that (aka me) could see it and think... I'd rather watch paint dry.
#27Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/14/2010 8:49:36 PM
No, it's less complete than a Beta. It's an Alpha build. Betas are usually close to the final game with a few extra bugs and glitches that have yet to be resolved.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#28LigersRulePosted 11/14/2010 9:06:13 PM
* CC and CCP does not have lock on
Good. Lock on doesn't belong in that kind of controller setup, at all.

* Larger maps have a smaller version when there are fewer players
Heck yes.

* Voting for public matches only gives you two modes and two maps to choose. For the next match you get to choose other two.
Nice compromise.

* Kick system confirmed. After a match people can vote to expulse a hacker/glitcher from the lobby.
Long deserved. Very long deserved.

pretty promising...but lock on should be thrown in the thrash completely...Listen to me HVS, throw away the lock on feature in online multiplayer...
Uhm.... Did you not see the "* Hardcore mode reconfirmed (no lock on and radar)"?
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#29BainesPosted 11/15/2010 11:33:03 AM
"...why is it set to HS only?"

With instant or nearly instant shots, the tricky thing is not getting AI to hit its target, but rather to get it to decently miss its target. And why track the head? It is probably about the easiest thing to do.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)