Will there be a counter to the Phase Rifle?

#1el_cheatoPosted 11/15/2010 8:06:38 PM
Right now, the ability to see and shoot through walls at any range with high power without giving away your location seems a tad overpowered. Will something be implemented to balance it? Maybe make it so the Stealth perk makes you invisible to the PR X-Ray scope?
---
My blade's sharp and that's what counts! I'll make you bleed in copious amounts!
#2Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 11/15/2010 8:19:45 PM
I think it's been mentioned that you're given a warning if someone's trying to snipe you through a wall. That should balance it somewhat, since they can't actually see you until they shoot, so it's possible to get behind cover in time.
#3Jonsey117Posted 11/15/2010 8:22:21 PM
Also, it's supposed to have a low rate of fire and slow reloading. Sounds pretty balanced IMO.
---
Currently Playing: MHTri Name: Jonsey "That was the worst throw ever, of all time" "Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way"
#4SmallerRidleyPosted 11/15/2010 8:22:27 PM
There's a warning if your "heat signature is locked on", and there's a bit of time needed for the sniper to get that signature through a wall.

It's not an "x-ray" gun.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#5The_ShaderPosted 11/16/2010 12:52:51 PM
The Phase Rifle and Aegis Device are the two major awesome weapon additions to this game. Any changes to the weapon itself would severely piss me off.

People are notified that they are being targeted by the godly Sniper weapon, i think thats enough.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6bladester15Posted 11/16/2010 1:51:50 PM
yeh, and its not like it can shoot through the wall without locking on, right?
---
Country+rap=crap.
Waldo was hiding from Chuck Norris.
#7el_cheato(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2010 2:09:19 PM
so it's possible to get behind cover in time.

Hiding won't do you any good.

There's a warning if your "heat signature is locked on", and there's a bit of time needed for the sniper to get that signature through a wall.

It's not an "x-ray" gun.

You know what I meant >_>
---
My blade's sharp and that's what counts! I'll make you bleed in copious amounts!
#8The_ShaderPosted 11/17/2010 12:13:23 AM
If the gun can shoot through walls while locked onto to a Heat Signature, it can shoot through walls WHENEVER. its not limited to "Locked onto target". if it were... i think it'd be a lame move by HVS, and wouldnt work within the reality of the game. The laser doesnt change before or after its locked on, the scope on the gun just has the ability to see through walls at located heat signatures.

Oh, and moving AT ALL, is plenty enough cover against any sniper. Played over 30 days worth of MW2 and using "serpentine" movements is plenty for dodging snipers. Nothing is more satisfying then serpentining down bridges while hearing a Intervention in the decent constantly firing and missing.

The guns not overpowered, and from what the trailers and previews show, its a one shot weapon. Meaning, you reload after every shot. So if you miss, your basically giving the opponent a full 10 seconds to do whatever before hes shot at again. (Recoil time + Reload time + Re-acquiring heat signature time + Re-aiming for headshot time)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9LilroscoPosted 11/17/2010 4:48:51 PM
This may be a bit out of topic, but I hope you can get multiple kills from one shot with the Phase Rifle. Hey if is can shoot through walls it should shoot through people right? Now to get back on topic, I believe the counter is having to reload after each shot.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#10SmallerRidleyPosted 11/17/2010 5:12:15 PM
I daresay moving around + TPC launcher would be a somewhat good anti-camping-sniper, at least for the ability to lob the shells without a direct line of sight.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.