Getting nervous...

#1Sudsy86_Posted 11/17/2010 2:03:34 PM

After thinking about how bad Goldeneye was and how much I hate it, I went over why it was so. It largely had to do with changes to make the game just like CoD. And when I think about it, a lot of what we've heard about tcon's changes are the same thing. So, I'm wondering if even this "Indie" developer is under this CoD trance. And, quite frankly, it scares me poopless. Every game I see is like the most popular game of its genre. Granted, that's always how it's been--it still seems worse to see games deliberately mimic other games. Whether they think it would make fans happier (which it wouldn't. not after a certain point.) or to make more money, games are getting more and more shallow. I bought BO for Ps3 because I happen to listen to people saying its multiplayer was "ridiculously deep". It wasn't. It was MW2, with more irrelevent features which no one truly cares about (character customization? You don't even notice them in-game.) Everyone makes games wrong. Now that gaming is a huge market, the demand for low-depth, low-intelectual stimulation is making everyone conform to terrible experiences. (anyone who's been playing games for years and says they like the games out now is either lying to be content with his gaming experience or doesn't know what it's like to be exhillerated or have their imagination pushed.)

So, I'm wondering since goldeneye was such a comparibly awful game ( there was no reason to buy it over BO--since it was a lesser copy of it), maybe Tcon2 will just be another branch on this new age gaming tree. Afterall, everyone has said they wanted thing to be more like CoD (what losers)--and High Voltage seems to commit to giving us what we "want".

Anyone else worried? You know Goldeneye was a hallow game. Be honest.

#2Fluxy1223Posted 11/17/2010 2:12:41 PM
Your opinion sucks
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#3ddd87Posted 11/17/2010 2:52:12 PM
Not worried, but I would have liked a few things from cod away from this game
#4RyokoWinsPosted 11/17/2010 2:57:27 PM
I kinda agreed with you up until the point where you said that it's impossible to like any games out now. Besides, why does a game need to be deep? Can't a game just be simple fun? Many of the best Wii games (and games in general) aren't incredibly deep. Don't let yourself become jaded; that's no fun.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 11/17/2010 3:21:58 PM
with more irrelevent features which no one truly cares about (character customization? You don't even notice them in-game.) Everyone makes games wrong. Now that gaming is a huge market, the demand for low-depth, low-intelectual stimulation is making everyone conform to terrible experiences. (anyone who's been playing games for years and says they like the games out now is either lying to be content with his gaming experience or doesn't know what it's like to be exhillerated or have their imagination pushed.)

wow. ok lol. You had me up until this part, but now I'm just going to back out of this topic to avoid more questionable statements like this.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Want: Golden Sun DD, AC Brotherhood
"Sometimes assassinating a dude can be your biggest tell." - Ryan Davis
#6Simok123Posted 11/17/2010 3:34:46 PM
I do kinda agree, why does every gme need to be a CoD now? its annoying. Sure the gamepaly is fine, but why must every game copy it? and GE still is good IMO.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#7Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 11/17/2010 5:21:02 PM
Can you give us any "exhilarating" games then?
#8incognito3Posted 11/17/2010 6:43:39 PM
i actually agree with this topic 100% O_O

the orriginality has sunk to an all time low in my eyes. Everyone is just copying MW2 / Halo these days. We need more variety of gaming. Its kinda pathetic. And im definately nervous becuase everyone just wants the CoD games to keep coming, and so HVS is just gonna make another CoD game for those people.

And if Conduit 2 doesnt work then we are basically out of FPS options for the wii for some good time.

There is always that one person doing the one thing you dont want them to do in an online FPS and i feel like that is going to happend to Con 2. =/
---
I am Time. -The Incognito Martian Enigma. FPS and RPGs FTW.
Looking forward-ish to: Greg Hasting's Paintball 2 and Conduit 2
#9slit_your_gutzPosted 11/17/2010 8:08:37 PM
I like the addition of iron sights.

But I could do without loadouts.
#10dwarf74Posted 11/17/2010 8:26:12 PM
We don't have anything to worry about ONLY if HVS is l337 enough and does everything right. One of their commercial things is customization...SOOO...they need to let us customize EVERYTHING (pretty much)

i think with this, there woudl'nt be much problem

to solve weapon loadouts:
When going into matchmaking, GIVE US THE OPTION TO USE ADVANCED SEARCH
1. game type -----> 2. loadouts? Yes/no. ------------>3. (not COD related) Lockon? yes/no (although it's said hardcore wont have that.)

stuff like that....

and, alright, COUNT the things that conduit might take from COD
1. loadouts
2. perks/upgrades
......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........nothing else i can really think of.
(Iron sights doesn't count...)
:p might've missed something but o well
anyways, conduit is its own game.