Getting nervous...

#21The_ShaderPosted 11/21/2010 2:27:02 AM
Meh... at first, Sudsy seemed like the kinda person with a brain and had a good eye for stuff. but after reading this.
"since goldeneye was such a comparibly awful game ( there was no reason to buy it over BO--since it was a lesser copy of it)"

i lost faith in the dudes opinion. i dont have Black Ops yet for my 360 has yet to come in the mail (they said i'll have it the 22nd) but i have played it for about 10 hours when my friends would bring it over and it is very awesome.

Now comparing the 360 verson to GoldenEye.... i love them both. GoldenEye has a much better campaign (shooting hats off is SO nostalgic) and the multiplayer is decent enough that i play GoldenEye online for about 4 hours a day. i'm in the top 50, was in the top 20 at #18 but i took a few days off. i'm about 50 good games away from being in the top 20 again!
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#22Brownprouder23Posted 11/21/2010 9:47:56 AM
Another anti-Cod thread.

@The Shader

Wow, I recall I made comments about C2 kind of copying COD and you gave me hard time about it. Now you're saying this guy has a brain.
#23RyokoWinsPosted 11/21/2010 11:48:44 AM
Wait. I forgot my original point: a game doesn't necessarily have to be deep to be fun. Ever played Wii Sports Resort? Just Dance? Pretty much any mini-game compilation? I'm not saying these games are comparable to The Conduit, they're the extreme, but I think the commercial success of such games shows that not everyone requires depth.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like these types of games, but you can't tell people that they didn't have fun playing them.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#24The_ShaderPosted 11/21/2010 4:56:39 PM
Your overreacting Brown, get over it. Its like i stole your baby or something.... That sounds hilarious actually xD

And yeah, just because isnt deep, doesnt mean its no fun. I played MW then MW2 since both came out and played games on the side of those two. I'm not sure how many years that is but when i switched to The Conduit as my break between MW2, i had great delight in doing so.

Conduit 2 is gonna do the same once it comes out. I'll drop Black Ops on my 360 and stick with Conduit 2 for a long ass time. Right now, playing GoldenEye till i get my 360, which is TOMORROW! WOOT!
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#25Sudsy86_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2010 4:07:54 PM

RyokoWins posted...
Wait. I forgot my original point: a game doesn't necessarily have to be deep to be fun. Ever played Wii Sports Resort? Just Dance? Pretty much any mini-game compilation? I'm not saying these games are comparable to The Conduit, they're the extreme, but I think the commercial success of such games shows that not everyone requires depth.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like these types of games, but you can't tell people that they didn't have fun playing them.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.

Hmm. I'm not sure how to categorize my view specifically enough to not have to keep re-explaining it. Anyways, I know what you mean.

I love the mario party games. They are very simple. But, they have a great feel to it, if it makes sense. For instance, when I play CoD, I feel I'm in an empty world where no one knows it. The reason the N64 will be the greatest system of all time is because Nintendo knew the it factor in making games. "Feel" and "it" are obviously very subjective, awareness-based kinds of things, but they're what matter. In life, all the subjective things are what matter. Think of a social or job environment. The people who are the most successful "get it". They're aware of that way of seeing things that people are born with. You know, how people read others, how they feel about others' actions, whether they "feel" something is wrong. You eve rjust know when something thinks like you? It's that.

That kind of thing is what also drives games ( and music, and movies, and drawings, etc) to be what they are. Mario Party, for whatever reason, feels important. Not in a tragic or serious way, but to my kiddish desires. And it's not because it's simple ( I know you would say, people like the simplicity of CoD. It's not that.) They designed a world where what you knew about it seemed very deep in its fictional way. It's why LoTR and the Narnia series mean more to people than other fictional series.Their world becomes important. In CoD, there's no sense of something great. The materialism of all the extraneous content is what turns people on. And, I'm sorry, there's no way for it to be non-shallow. It's the nature of it.

So, if you "get it" in some way, perhaps you'll be able to take it farther and see what I mean more truly and then 'feel" why it's really just better. If you don't, then I'll go daydream somewhere else.