i gotta say it: con2 has some stiff competition...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 11/18/2010 12:41:32 AM
in the forms of goldeneye and black ops, respectively. both are doing things on the wii that i didnt wholly think was possible.

goldeneye: this games online is great and completely lagless 98% of the time. its fast paced, fun, and on point. ive been loving this game.

black ops: wow, just wow. other than the few hiccups when connecting to matches, this game has really blown me away. like goldeneye, it also runs mostly laglessly (although not quite as smooth as goldeneye, but it still runs great), and seems to do a great job of allowing so much to go on without a hitch. also, have you seen some of the graphics of these multiplayer maps?! sure, they are not gonna make you trade in a 360 or anything, but damn man, they look awesome. maps like jungle are a good example. also, this game supports voice chat, no real need for friend codes, and has the absolute smoothest fps controls on the wii to date.

with that said, i know HVS wanted conduit 2 to be "the best shooter the wii has seen", but man, they have a mighty high bar to reach. hopefully, they have spent the extra time due to the delay by picking their jaws up off the floor and saying "man, we really need to bust asses here."

heres hoping :)

---
PUNCHOUT1116: currently playing goldeneye and black ops
#2tconslayerPosted 11/18/2010 4:13:19 AM

Ok its main competition is bo and ge so and black ops for the wii looks good but thats the only competition and i think conduit 2 will beat it

#3Simok123Posted 11/18/2010 5:55:52 AM
the only thing BO wins over C2 is being able to talk to anyone, and party system, other than that, I bet C2 will win =)
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#4Brownprouder23Posted 11/18/2010 8:18:54 AM
It is true that black ops has done a lot that wasn't thought possible before like zombies for example. However, that's not competition for C2 in my book since I got black ops for the 360.

Also, lol at your graphics talk. I don't particularly think either goldeneye or black ops wii has good graphics. C2 does look good, however.
#5slit_your_gutzPosted 11/18/2010 8:41:50 AM
I don't think there's any competition for it in february.

I don't even know of any other FPS in the works for the wii.
#6ddd87Posted 11/18/2010 8:44:10 AM
Well, in theory the game should be as good as the other and add things that the other dont have.

But, its being developed by a lesser company with lesser budget... I am definitely more interested in conduit 2 than the other wii shooters, but I wouldnt bet it will be universally better or similar to the others overall quality.
#7Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/18/2010 9:26:03 AM
I didn't used to think that the competition was stiff for Conduit 2 as far as features but after hearing that podcast and shooting HVS and e-mail, I'd say that it probably does.

Hi [Valdimir_Drega],

Thanks for the email.

We did want Conduit 2 to include single player online co-operative play, but when it came down to the end of the project, we weren’t able to fit the feature in to the schedule (even with the extension). We didn’t want to send a half complete cooperative mode out the door to be critiqued by players with the expectation of a Left for Dead style experience. We also felt that Conduit 2 offers so many other features that players wouldn’t miss the online co-op mode as much (plus it gives you an excuse to go over to your friend’s house to see the expression on his face when you steal the last kill from him to win the game).

We thought it would be just as easy as porting over the code from Grinder, but it turns out that both projects have significantly different code bases because they are significantly different games. The decision had nothing to do with Nintendo regulations and Grinder is still being developed as a cooperative shooter.

Thanks again for the email and we look forward to hearing your feedback on Conduit 2.

Sincerely,

Team High Voltage

That means that BO has online co-op zombies over Conduit 2, which now has local single and splitscreen Invasion only. That was a bit disheartening to read, but I have confidence that it's still going to be a solid game.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#8Numbuh100Posted 11/18/2010 10:21:39 AM
Ok its main competition is bo and ge so and black ops for the wii looks good but thats the only competition and i think conduit 2 will beat it

Nope. Goldeneye too because of splitscreen. So those both will match up more than BO.
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#9The_ShaderPosted 11/18/2010 12:30:08 PM
^ "bo and ge"

... Black Ops and GoldenEye
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#10Prime011Posted 11/18/2010 2:59:02 PM
@Valdimir_Drega: What do you mean by a online co-op zombie mode? Isn't that just like Invasion mode?
---
Waiting for: Conduit 2!!! Let's go Daos!!!
Hebrews 11:1