I would love a Map Maker feature in this game. Seriously.

#1el_cheatoPosted 11/19/2010 4:32:05 PM
Being able to make and distribute custom made maps, such as in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, adds so much to the replay value of a game. Hell, the TimeSplitters series even let you make your own campaign levels. Sure, the editor was simple and thus limited, but it's amazing what some people can do with it. Whether a map maker in this game is as simple as TimeSplitters or as complex as Hammer Editor (Source games), I would be very, very, very happy.
---
My blade's sharp and that's what counts! I'll make you bleed in copious amounts!
#21918mePosted 11/19/2010 4:40:02 PM
I agree, that kind of thing really contributes to a game's replay value.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out from other sigs like most people do... lol see what I did there?
#3incognito3Posted 11/19/2010 4:52:46 PM
now lets be realistic here
---
I am Time. -The Incognito Martian Enigma. FPS and RPGs FTW.
Looking forward-ish to: Greg Hasting's Paintball 2 and Conduit 2
#4Simok123Posted 11/19/2010 5:02:05 PM
it would be nice but theres no time and its too hard for them to put in. The software they use is too complex so and they cant find a way to make it easy for players
---
CONDUIT MASTA!
#51918mePosted 11/19/2010 7:16:01 PM
^ I know, I know... I'm just saying that it would be awesome if they COULD implement it. Perhaps for Conduit 3?
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out from other sigs like most people do... lol see what I did there?
#6Sudsy86_Posted 11/19/2010 10:45:12 PM

I'm curious. Has there ever been a game where you could create maps to use for online play? My god, I'd cut off my weiner for that...

#7RyokoWinsPosted 11/19/2010 11:13:35 PM
The first one that comes to mind is Halo 3. You could only use them in private matches, but that counts as online, doesn't it?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8Sudsy86_Posted 11/19/2010 11:18:47 PM

I guess. But I was thinking in public play. Although, that would be a lot to load...I suppose it's why I haven't seen it yet...

#9SmallerRidleyPosted 11/19/2010 11:21:25 PM
I'd imagine if the maps were any more complicated than Brawl's custom stages, there would be too much load time to be worth it every game.

Plus, "special" maps that lead to frustrating randoms.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#10Sudsy86_Posted 11/19/2010 11:39:58 PM

Idk. I'd be willing to wait 15-20 minutes just to do something new. I find myself bored by the maps in almost every game.

If there was a system which could allow someone to upload it everytime they sign on (so, if they hit yes, it will take a few more minutes) , that might make it easier to maneuver it through the server. And, once there, have the winner or some random rotation the option to upload it to their location.