There's nothing wrong with borrowing aspects from Call of Duty...

#1slit_your_gutzPosted 11/21/2010 9:53:03 AM
As long as they're optional, instead of mandatory.
I'd like to see loadouts as optional. Iron sights are sweet.
Please no Call of Duty 3 shot kills unless its optional. It should take a lot of rounds to take down Agent Ford in Trust or Destroyer armor.
#2RyokoWinsPosted 11/21/2010 10:23:41 AM
...as long as the game doesn't start to feel like Call of Duty

fix'd to fit my opinion.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 11/21/2010 11:22:33 AM
I'd like to see weapon spawns as optional. It's easy enough to have everyone start with the same weapons.

Agree on the health.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#4The_ShaderPosted 11/21/2010 4:23:59 PM
Halo found a nice balance with set loadouts and weapon spawns. And a majority of Conduit 2's weapons dont focus on Iron Sights, where as some do (Human weapons). Adding more aspects to differentiate the weapons is a brilliant idea on HVS part.

Maybe Conduit 2 will feature cusomizable loadouts, with random weapon sets with random maps? So you can have your loadouts, but when you see the maps in which to vote for, under will say the type of weapon set that'll spawn in it.

Hows that sound?
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5gr295Posted 11/21/2010 5:54:36 PM

The one thing I hate about CoD is the 3-5 shot deaths with a sub-machine gun. I makes those games a pain in the *** to learn. Realism isn't always better. That's why they make video GAMES. A game isn't supposed to be a sim of real life, it's a GAME!

#6The_ShaderPosted 11/21/2010 6:23:11 PM
^ Dude... CoD as a game has its own unique gameplay style that revolves around the players having extremely low life. If you dont like how easy people die in CoD, then its simply not a game you like.

The more unique games are from eachother the better. CoD gives players instant gratifications because of how fast you can kill people. it takes ALOT more effort, or atleast, a whole different kind of effort to kill people in other games. (Either way, it takes longer in other games)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#7Sudsy86_Posted 11/22/2010 2:49:35 PM

Wrong? What a dumb question to ask. Answering it doesn't provide any more perspective, since you're really only asking whether or not there is something obviously and inherently bad about it.

A better question is, "How does it make the game better?" Since, you're drawing a comparison to another perspective--or at least trying to.

But, yes, Ryuko is hitting around the main point. I don't care what individual aspects are changed. If the game doesn't feel like CoD--or at least more like Tcon than CoD--I can live with it.

The problem isn't that CoD is inherently bad. It's that we're seeing it everywhere. And, if you have a conscious or any standards, quite frankly, it becomes an idle experience.