im a little dissappointed with the voice actors to be honest...

#1114monkeyPosted 11/27/2010 7:11:56 PM
yeah prometheus new voice actor is horrible he used to sound like a epic black guy know he kinda sounds like a British guy or someone who might voice act in portal
#12slit_your_gutzPosted 11/27/2010 8:20:22 PM
Ford's Duke voice brings back mad nostalgia for me. Prometheus' new voice sounds like a gay robot but I can live with that.
#13donkeypunch1116Posted 11/28/2010 3:44:23 AM
not really digging the new voice actors either, as well as the "personality" that they have injected into the characters. hearing mr ford in the first game, its hard to imagine him spouting off one-liners, but now he just sounds like a meathead with lame jokes.

---
PUNCHOUT1116: currently playing goldeneye and black ops
#14The_ShaderPosted 11/28/2010 4:36:33 AM
I did think of the new voice actors the same way you guys are now... but after seeing the new intro movie.... well, to best describe it, i'll put my thoughts in phases.

-At first, i was really stoked that THEE Duke Nukem was gonna put his badassery into our game.
-Then, it dawned on me that this game DOES NOT go well with a badass voice. Conspiracy? Investigation? Duke Nukem just kills and saves the ladies, his voice just wouldnt fit with these surroundings.
-Now that i saw the intro, my respect for the voice actors sky rocketed. Not only do i NOT hear Duke Nukem, but i hear a NEW voice thats believable for the theme of the game, and that work with the characters i'm already very familiar with.

I can hear the itty bit of Duke Nukem in his voice, but i hear more of Micheal Ford everywhere else.

-Prometheaus on the other hand... well before, he sounded like a respectable warrior, captured and used like a tool by his enemies. Ready to sacrifice his life for the better cause.
-then i felt dismayed that the old character was replaced by this robotic, nerdy voice that doesnt sound like anything close to the warrior i once thought he was.
-Now i hear a cold, calculated voice, who only thinks of the logical, and not of the probable. A voice that seems right for the ASE, but not the character. Prometheaus sounds like an ALIEN warrior now, who was weak enough to be caught in the first place.

TL;DR, The voices grew on me immensely. Not only am i truly happy for what i hear, but i'm completely satisfied. I was dismayed that HVS was unable to keep the original actors, but overjoyed by the talent they recruited. I am simply happy with the current voices, and expect some good cutscene acting.

Side Note: (Although i'll truly be upset if the Woman Announcer will be gone from the Multiplayer. All multiplayers these days have male, or manly voices for their online gaming. Her voice was something charming, and unexpectedly perfect for the games online atmosphere.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#15ddd87Posted 11/28/2010 8:12:20 AM
I liked ford's voice in the trailer, clean of effects and serious. In the gameplay it had some bad sound effects.
Now, the script is a different story:

"Sweet, they're fighting eachother! I don't know what's going on here... But Iiiiiii like it"

"Agh just great, more lethal mysteries..."

Lol
#16The_ShaderPosted 11/28/2010 4:12:02 PM
^ The game is still in development. The intro is the most recent dialogue released to the public, and its the best. Meaning that the voice actors are getting more familiar with their characters, meaning better stuff to come.

Am i the ONLY person who grew to love the new voices? Feels like people just ignore my last post because it was too long or something.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#17liberalePosted 11/29/2010 3:41:16 PM
not really digging the new voice actors either, as well as the "personality" that they have injected into the characters. hearing mr ford in the first game, its hard to imagine him spouting off one-liners, but now he just sounds like a meathead with lame jokes.

This exactly. I think the voice actors were perfect in the first game and I wish they would have kept them, but oh well. Like UltimateFlame said, it's not tremendously important, (at least IMO).
---
I'll put something more interesting here later.