OMG the voice acting!

#1Lemjor10Posted 11/29/2010 7:45:54 PM
**Flame Shield**
It's terrible!!!!!
Mr. Ford sounds like Optimus Prime from Transformers: Beast Wars (Anyone know if it's the same VA?)
IDK it's like they didn't even care if the voices sounded somewhat like they did in The Conduit.
I mean come on! Sega took the time to do that with Sonic and his titles blow!
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 11/29/2010 7:48:42 PM
No need for a flame shield. It is fairly bleh voice acting. Not as bad as some jrpgs/animes I've experienced, but it definitely leaves something to be desired.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Playing: AC Brotherhood, Starcraft 2
"Sometimes assassinating a dude can be your biggest tell." - Ryan Davis
#3RyokoWinsPosted 11/29/2010 8:03:50 PM
The actor is Duke Nukem. I realize that that may not be the name that his parents gave him, but that is his name now...forever.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#4Lemjor10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 8:05:31 PM
It sounds like they're trying TOO hard to be badass and it just comes off as cheesey.
More so then Other M's voice acting and we all no what a nightmare that was.
#5Lemjor10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 8:05:49 PM
It sounds like they're trying TOO hard to be badass and it just comes off as cheesey.
More so then Other M's voice acting and we all know what a nightmare that was.
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 11/29/2010 9:17:41 PM
The first one's voice acting was good despite the cheesy lines, but here they really show. People writing the script need to make it a little more serious, and the voice actors need to use more emotion for this is to work (IMO).
#7Valdimir_DregaPosted 11/29/2010 11:48:22 PM
I'll start with an analogy to describe my opinion on the new voice actors...ahem.

Back in the 80s serious action stars like Sylvester Stalone and Arnold pretty much had the action scene covered. Then someone got the idea for Die Hard and Bruce Willis entered into the action biz. Now Bruce, though buff at the time, couldn't measure up to the sheer beefyness of the existing action stars, and people thought he was insane for even accepting the role and trying to compete with them. But Die Hard was a huge hit, and Bruce Willis became a force to be reckoned with in action movies.

What was the difference between Die Hard and the other movies with grittier, burlier heroes? The answer is cheese. Bruce brought a more cheesy, comical approach to action movies, and still proves to be the master of Action Comedies to this day (if you haven't seen "RED" yet, I highly recommend it).

You see, the serious action niches in gaming have all been taken. Many action games today take themselves very seriously, but few have attempted a more "Die Hard" approach to them. I believe that's what HVS is going for. The cheese in Conduit 2 is deliberate, but like "Die Hard" it will likely hit some very effective serious notes as well.

Only time will tell if Conduit 2 will truly become for gaming what "Die Hard" has for action movies, but I'm always up for a good change of pace.

Just my 2 cents.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#8The_ShaderPosted 11/30/2010 3:23:39 AM
Duke Nukem can lay down the hilarious cheesy badassness.

So Conduit 2 can get a bit into both, badass and cheesy goodness. Drega explained it in the best way possible.

For reference for the badassery, use the intro video, for the cheesyness the voice acting can do, look up Duke Nukem quotes. HVS just has to write some new cheesy lines.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9slit_your_gutzPosted 11/30/2010 5:14:33 AM
people should quit whining about the acting

you know the game will be awesome, and you'll be used to the voice actors after two levels
#10Lemjor10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2010 7:08:12 AM
^Yeah that's what people said about Other M.And Still I mocked Samus every time she talked "I am a robot. The baby. I have a huge butt. The baby. Adam you let you lil' bro Ian die. The baby. It's a shame that no one knew who he was. The baby. MB you're a robot too? The baby."