Charge decay...

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/30/2010 11:53:12 PM
Is what I decided the game needs.

"I just hold the button, and it makes the gun stronger :D" Doesn't really seem to do much for me.
I mean, a lot of the charge weapons just become 1hko's so it doesn't matter that you can't rapid fire for the most part.
Why not just charge it? To not charge it would just be stupid. What kind of depth is provided by something such as that?

And really, I get sick of going around a corner and suddenly a fully charged something gets let off in my face.
It turns a lot of situations into no-contests.

Wouldn't it be better if after the gun initially charged, it started loosing its power so that the charge couldn't be held indefinitely? That way, in order to get the most powerful shot, you'd have to have to time when to start charging.
It probably wouldn't make things much more difficult, I mean you normally have a pretty basic idea when you're going to get the opportunity to shoot someone, and it would do a lot to elevate charging from something shallow and brainless.
#2Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 12/1/2010 9:05:06 AM
How about the gun start doing damage to you if you hold the charge for too long? I can see the Drudge weapons getting angry and biting you, or the Trust weapons' power cells exploding or something.
#31918mePosted 12/1/2010 9:33:04 AM
"How about the gun start doing damage to you if you hold the charge for too long? I can see the Drudge weapons getting angry and biting you, or the Trust weapons' power cells exploding or something."

That would be awesome and hilarious.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out from other sigs like most people do... lol see what I did there?
#4slit_your_gutzPosted 12/1/2010 10:57:33 AM
brilliant idea is brilliant

or if it doesn't bite you, maybe the gun goes into an elaborate death scene and becomes unusable
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 12/1/2010 1:43:53 PM
Interesting. I'd like to have some visual cue to let me know that my weapon charge is beginning to deteriorate though. Maybe a change in color, a sound, or something.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Playing: AC Brotherhood, Starcraft 2
"Sometimes assassinating a dude can be your biggest tell." - Ryan Davis
#6Sudsy86_Posted 12/1/2010 2:37:06 PM

This might be worth experimenting with. If the game is fast-moving, it might generally be difficult enough to get off a charged OHKO as the guns are now. If without jumping the game is slower, OHKO guns will be overpowered and the delay might serve a meaningful purpose. But, to what extent is it right? What do you have in mind, OP?

I wasn't good with the SR,DA, or WP; so, as far as my experience can tell me, the guns are difficult to use. Obviously, there are people who don't have much trouble; so, they might be licking their chops at the prospect of playing in a game without crazy jumping.

I think the game will be a bit slower, but the SR has a significantly reduced magazine (or whatever the drudge calls them). Assuming the other two guns are nerfed (which they probably won't, since they weren't popular guns), the delay might not be necessary.

#7monjamania2000Posted 12/1/2010 3:04:44 PM
It shouldn't do damage to you. If anything, the longer you charge it the more ammo it burns.
---
Bless me lord with many sins, In Jesus name I pray amen!
#8CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2010 6:09:08 PM
"It shouldn't do damage to you. If anything, the longer you charge it the more ammo it burns."

That would work really well! But I kinda think it doesn't have the same reward of getting the timing right for full damage.
I kinda like the Idea of having it do 20% or more damage for just a few frames the instant it finishes charging, and then holding a normal charge after that for a few seconds before it starts degrading.
That I think it will help people interpret it as a reward, not that they're simply being punished for holding a charge too long.

As for visual cues, I'd have the gun spark a little, and have a small sound effect to go with it every time the charge stepped down in power, a really unobtrusive indicator.
#91918mePosted 12/1/2010 6:12:57 PM
^ Sounds like it would work pretty well.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out from other sigs like most people do... lol see what I did there?
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/1/2010 6:42:51 PM
Like the Gauss Gun from Half Life. Charge it too long, and it releases, heavily damaging you.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.