Looking Back...

#1SupahShnipaPosted 12/4/2010 10:19:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXY0w2x2lrw

The original Conduit looked a lot more interesting that the new one. The new intro trailer makes the SP look insanely generic. I'm hoping to see a video that shows that the Dark, Conspiracy driven story of the original isn't gone.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
Black Ops Ally Code - 3426-9220-7490
#2DanteXdemoNPosted 12/4/2010 11:11:39 PM
its true,but still its gonna be an epic wii game
i reserved it.whooo:D
#3Icuras08Posted 12/4/2010 11:11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXY0w2x2lrw

Now that there is a sweet trailer. With epic music, mysterious setting, and that guy who says, "How can mankind fight a war the enemy has already won? ''

Sure, the Intro video was nice to link up Conduit 1 with Conduit 2, but I think we need a real story trailer. One that actually that proves the events of the first game was only a sliver of what mankind is about to face.
---
Set signature in options page.
#4The_ShaderPosted 12/5/2010 9:21:23 AM
The trailer for the first one absolutely sucks. ((The music is repetitive, many movies use this music for their trailers.)) The only thing i like about it is how it portrays the "Conspiracy" a LITTLE bit. ((Naming the days in which stuff happened, isnt a conspiracy, its just events that happened recently. Thats it. Conspiracy needs mystery, unknown, and lies.))

The intro video for Conduit 2 is however insanely well done and story driven. You have an ominous voice portraying 'doom' for all. An unknown world awakening with facilities activating, and monsters coming to life. Mr. Adams does a damn good job of giving the audience a taste of how much they DONT know. ((Which REALLY adds to the 'conspiracy' part.))

And i have to say it New voice > Old voice. I'll treasure the old voice in my heart, but the new voice in the intro really fits Mr. Ford. ((The subtle movements of Fords body, his face and small gestures that HVS gave him, just fits perfectly with the voice.))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Icuras08Posted 12/5/2010 9:51:14 AM
You know, I'm going to side with Conduit 2's trailer after thinking about it.
I like the mysterious music turning into a climatic finish, all the deep sea parts and the oil derrick because I love water in a video game, and how that girl said, "You whom doomed us all''. Did Mr.Ford do something wrong?

---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#6The_ShaderPosted 12/5/2010 9:54:55 AM
^ Mr. Ford in the first game just destroyed the place where the Drudge clones were being made. The Conduit 2 intro even SHOWS more conspiracy by showing that the oil derelict just 'happened' to be above that atlantis ship or whatever it is.

The music is perfect. it has Conduits iconic sound of music mixed in with some incredible orchestra. Very nice.
---
#7ChangliniPosted 12/5/2010 10:13:03 AM
^ Mr. Ford in the first game just destroyed the place where the Drudge clones were being made. The Conduit 2 intro even SHOWS more conspiracy by showing that the oil derelict just 'happened' to be above that atlantis ship or whatever it is.

Yesterday, I googled the word GLOMAR(As found here: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/332/991817_20101129_screen002.jpg) sense it intrigued me due to the random blue faces of the masked personnel.

I got a wiki page detailing the definition of Glomar response referring to a "neither confirm nor deny" response to Freedom of Information Act requests.

The page later mentions a Project Azorian which used a ship( Hughes Glomar Explorer) with a gigantic crane to retrieve a sunken soviet submarine.
Anyways, there's a conspiracy article on the same page but, I'll post the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian

Meh, my one cent.
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#8The_ShaderPosted 12/5/2010 10:39:03 AM
^ Also note that the intro video shows that the story progression will be something like.....

((POSSIBLE SPOILER))

After the Leviathen is destroyed, the Oil Derelict is in danger of blowing up. ((or something catastrophic enough that Mr. Ford needs to get the **** out of there fast)) And Mr. Ford takes off into the only way he can while out in the middle of the ocean. A ship. Turns out the ship can only dive, and it takes Mr. Ford to the antlantian ship/base/city where Mr. Ford will then begin his journey to and from other places of great importance through the antlantian conduits.
---
#9ChangliniPosted 12/5/2010 12:10:23 PM
I'm thinking of something along these lines:

- The ship that can only dive is the restored K-129.

- The ship may have a working TRUST crew where either Mr.Ford sneaks past them by wearing one of their suits(Unlikely) or fight all the hostile members until reaching the Bridge.

- Upon reaching the bridge, Mister Ford see the captain initiate a diving order to the remaining members of the crew.

- After going through a mini-boss fight, Prometheus? attempts to stop the diving sequence but fails.

- They Prometheus and ford the Leviathan approaching the front of the diving ship through a radar bleep and Prometheus then activates the sub's remaining torpedoes at an attempt to save the sub from taking heaving damage.

- Both torpedoes miss but hit a wall revealing a narrow passageway large enough for the sub to get through.

- After reaching the end of the tunnel, it seems that the submarine is being forced upwards to the ceiling but, instead of hitting a ceiling, the sub breaks water.

- The sub hits a large object and Mister Ford with Prometheus at hand go out of the sub to investigate what happen.

- Atlantis is found.

Side note.:
I some how want an easter egg that references the Red October(Standing by?) and the D-movie Atlantis for some reason but, that's just me assuming.
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#10SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2010 1:10:09 PM
You have an ominous voice portraying 'doom' for all.
I was too busy facepalming at how bad the VA is to notice. Also, the music in the new trailer is like something I heard 30 years ago, and it makes it look like a Halo clone with the woman sounding like a cheap knock-off of Cortana and saying lines you would hear in Halo.

I'm really hoping they actually give us a trailer showing us the story. I don't need another SP campaign where 1 man goes Hero-Mode with the Human Race resting on his shoulders. In the original, you really felt as though you were just a normal guy caught up in a government conspiracy.

Mr. Adams does a damn good job of giving the audience a taste of how much they DONT know.
"You still don't understand, do you mister Ford?"

God, that line was so deep and original. With cheesy VA to boot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
Black Ops Ally Code - 3426-9220-7490