ADS Snap

#1Simok123Posted 12/6/2010 4:06:28 PM
ADS Snap is when the sight aims near the enemy player and follow them a bit, kinda like lock on. GE and I think CoD do this. I hope C2 does this.
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 12/6/2010 4:08:54 PM
aim assist essentially?
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Playing: Civilization V
I'm a Civ addict and there's only one remedy. More Civ.
#3ChangliniPosted 12/6/2010 4:09:03 PM
Wait, why?
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#4SupahShnipaPosted 12/6/2010 4:20:04 PM
As long as we can turn it on/off, I like the idea.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
Black Ops Ally Code - 3426-9220-7490
#5themilitarydudePosted 12/6/2010 4:31:35 PM

you want an aim assist? :O ur a noob!

#6Simok123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 4:40:53 PM
its not aim assist. ugh I knew this would havent. it has it so if youre aiming at a enemy, you press the ADS and It keeps the screen on them. ive tried not using it in GE, it is anooying because you try to move the sight close up to the palyer, then it goes up and you cant aim. I didnt make the idea btw, liek I said, its in GE and I think In CoD.
---
#7Simok123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 4:41:48 PM
*havent = happen
---
#8Aile_WingPosted 12/6/2010 5:03:05 PM
So, lock-on via ADS?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#9ChangliniPosted 12/6/2010 5:07:57 PM
Wait, do you just want the screen to auto turn when you're looking at the apposition?
---
NER
Oh how you haunt me.
#10BainesPosted 12/6/2010 5:55:39 PM
ADS Snap is a form of aim assist. If you are aiming near a target, and then press the button to aim down the sights, the game will snap your aim to the target. That's the whole idea of ADS snap.

Yes, Call of Duty has it. You ever watch those YouTube videos of Modern Warfare 2 players running around with sniper rifles one-shotting targets in an instant? That is possible due to ADS snap. They are pretty much pressing fire and ADS at the same time, so that they only have to be near enough to a target, the game will do the rest for them, and the gun fires before their aim drifts again. Treyarch was so annoyed with people turning sniper rifles into run-and-gun any-range instant-kill weapons that they tried to specifically throw off aim when bringing up a sniper rifle in Black Ops (only to find the groups defending ADS snap were more vocal than the ones complaining about it.)

Goldeneye Wii has it. From what I understand, Goldeneye Wii's ADS snap has been described as more generous than other FPS. People complained for a while because while online has aim assist turned off, it for some reason leaves ADS snap on.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)