Weapon of the Day: Day 1 - TPC Launcher

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 12/9/2010 5:26:23 PM
Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

Day 1 - TPC Launcher

The one people like making irl models of. Shoots energy canisters (effectively small grenades).

E3 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKxns5tOBU

From that video, we can see the ammo has been reduced quite a lot (30 to 12) and the clip size is much smaller (10 to 4). The canisters now bounce once off of walls and the ground but still explode on contact with a target. Damage doesn't seem changed, but it was an early build
A prime addition to the TPC Launcher is the new alt-fire mode which lays proximity mines. You can only have up to 4 (I believe) mines out at once, and they're very easy to see from what the video shows.

gogogo
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 5:28:56 PM
I'll start:

I think the shots it can hold should be higher, tbh. 4 shots is just too low, especially for a weapon that isn't terribly powerful by itself.
---
#3RyokoWinsPosted 12/9/2010 5:42:38 PM
Wow, a video from E3 that doesn't suck. Good vid, never seen it before.

It looks like it takes 2 shots to kill, so I think 4 should be fine...maybe 5...i dunno. Weapon balancing is beyond me.

I didn't use the TPC launcher very much in TCon, but I liked the fact that the shots exploded on impact. Now, it could be harder get a hit in open areas. Looks like they did the whole "lose accuracy but gain power" thing.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#4The_ShaderPosted 12/9/2010 6:30:28 PM
I think the mines should blink less, and that the TPC Launcher should have a faster reload if it has lesser ammo.

TPC = Trust Plasma Cell
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Simok123Posted 12/9/2010 8:39:27 PM
wow im so popular :O! another video posted here from my channel? damn.

FYI, I didnt record this video, it was from another video sharing site so I put it to youtube so more people saw it.
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#6SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 8:44:17 PM

wow im so popular :O! another video posted here from my channel? damn.

You upload every video on the internet.
---
#7RyokoWinsPosted 12/9/2010 8:44:20 PM
Now there's no way I could know this, but I have a feeling that that flashing circle thingy arond the mines doesn't appear to your enemies. I think that just helps the player keep track of their own mines.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 8:48:51 PM
Could be, and that would be fantastically nice, but I doubt it.

If they made them not flash or make movements, they'd be much more useful.
---
#9LigersRulePosted 12/9/2010 8:50:04 PM
The TPC was actually one of my favorite weapons in the original. I even chose to use that over the SMAW in explosive matches, just cause it made things fun.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#10incognito3Posted 12/9/2010 8:55:42 PM
TPC = The Players Clan

the TPC was used alot for camping in Con2 IMO. hopefully the bounce shot makes that less likely.

although the bounce shot seems very clever, isnt that the whole point of the Warp Pistol? i mean come on that gun was amazing for the idea of bouncing around walls and stuff. loved that weapon. IMO it was a true gun that shows off HVS's creativity and great design.
---
I am Time. -The Incognito Martian Enigma. FPS and RPGs FTW.
Looking forward-ish to: Greg Hasting's Paintball 2 and Conduit 2