Weapon of the Day: Day 2 - MP5KA4

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 12/11/2010 7:48:02 PM
Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

Day 2 - MP5KA4

The obligatory smg. You'll see it a lot in the campaign.

IGN gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ifLee9C-Q

There don't appear to be a lot of changes to the MP5. The damage may or may not be changed (no obvious adjustments), and the hip-fire accuracy is just as bad as it ever was. ADS really improves the spread significantly, so you'll definitely want to have that ready if you're using the gun. Otherwise, a somewhat boring weapon.

gogogo
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2010 7:48:24 PM
I'll start: Is it totally useless compared to the SCAR now?
---
#3The_ShaderPosted 12/11/2010 7:55:53 PM
MP5 up close ****ing DESTROYS. Charge at nearby players, aim at their heads, spray bullets. It insures quick kills up close. If the enemy didnt have a SPAS, or any close range weapon at all, they'd be screwed against a person who KNOWS how to use the MP5. (But still, the SPAS was still the best up close weapon.)

My theory about the new difference between the SCAR and MP5... The MP5 has a higher rate of fire and probably a higher headshot multiplier.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 12/11/2010 8:26:21 PM
I have a feeling it will have a similar role as it did in the first game. Good in some situations, but often out performed by other weapons. For example just looking at the human weapons, I'd expect the SCAR to be the go to weapon for long-mid range, and the shotgun to be the go to close range weapon. Leaving the mp5ka to its awkward "well it works best here as long as/if you dont have..." position. Throw in the other human weapons such as the USP and the other factions weapons, the mp5ka is going to have to have something major going for it to make it a worthwhile weapon in its own way.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Let me know if you add me.
"Sometimes assassinating a dude can be your biggest tell." - Ryan Davis
#5ChangliniPosted 12/11/2010 8:37:33 PM
It's the drunken fast gun from combat arms.
I like it.

Main problem is its fire rate, needs to be faster.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#6The_ShaderPosted 12/11/2010 9:15:37 PM
Its probably gonna get some badass weapon upgrade. One that might make it the new overpowered weapon. Could be anything... Lets hope its something like the Dual Mag from Black Ops. ((****ING LOVE DUAL MAG!!! Especially with Sleight of Hand... god... its... pure ecstasy))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#7RyokoWinsPosted 12/11/2010 10:21:17 PM
I remember someone on this board mentioned the idea of it becoming a secondary. I really doubt it would happen, but now that the SCAR is full auto, it might make sense...a little...maybe. I find it unlikely that the SMG will be all that useful, unless it sees some changes. If the SMG is going to be balanced, it needs to have a higher rate of fire than the SCAR and longer range than the shotgun. Like I said, it's pretty unlikely.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8tconslayerPosted 12/12/2010 8:35:08 AM

Yea honestly i dont use the smg that much the only time i do use it is paired with a spas 12 because that takes a while to reload so i have the smg to back me up. And i think with the scar being full auto it will take the place of the smg.

#9dacheatcodePosted 12/12/2010 3:07:33 PM
speculating my balls off.
---
If that thing is a Big Book, HE MUST BE A ****IN' GIANT! Run! ~Penn and Teller
#10SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2010 3:26:32 PM
That's disgusting.
---