Weapon of the Day: Day 3 - Hive Cannon

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 12/12/2010 8:15:19 PM
Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

Day 3 - Hive Cannon

Living hive that shoots explosive insects. You shove your hand in its ass to fire it.

IGN Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikeHPn2R7QM (2:40 - end)

Ammo has been boosted considerably (100/300). It's difficult to say at this time whether they've actually changed the spread and RoF from how it worked in TCon, but it is different in the IGN videos (more like the MP5).

gogogo
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2LigersRulePosted 12/12/2010 8:49:11 PM
I sure hope it's better in C2. When using it, I always felt out gunned by even some pub scrubs, with the exception of the ones using the MP5, because they didn't know how to use it.

Maybe I was just stupid, but I had trouble getting kills with it.

---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#3tconslayerPosted 12/12/2010 9:39:27 PM

I think they did change the wii remote twist thing for the better it just made the gun suck. I would prob chooze the hive cannon over the smg anyday plus the alt fire.

#4The_ShaderPosted 12/12/2010 9:41:39 PM
TC didnt mention the new additions.

Hive Cannon is now capable of firing a "Honey Glob" that, when stuck to enemy players, causes the exploding insects to home in on the now 'globbed' target. Even around corners.

My opinion: Hive Cannon was a very decent, basic weapon in The Conduit, but because of bad balancing in the weapon sets, it was regarded as a crappy weapon. In the hands of an expert player, the Hive Cannon was a reliable up close weapon. (The Hive Cannon was actually a much stronger weapon then the MP5 due to its deep amount of versatility.)

Jack of all trades, Master of none = Hive Cannon
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Z1LVER12Posted 12/12/2010 11:35:15 PM
For some reason I am always out-gunned when I am using the Hive Cannon Online
---
The Conduit FC:0947-5322-3644
#6RyokoWinsPosted 12/13/2010 6:34:10 PM
I was terrible with the hive cannon in The Conduit. Hopefully it'll be better for me with the improvements. I'm interested in trying out the honey glob.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#7ChangliniPosted 12/13/2010 7:44:28 PM
The hive cannon is probably my favorite weapon out of the game due to how it looks and operates. When the campaign made it possible, I'd keep one of those as back up and to see the idle/melee animation of it.

I don't have an amount of problems when using it but, there are better weapons.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#8RyokoWinsPosted 12/13/2010 9:35:15 PM
There wouldn't happen to be any multiplayer videos of the hive cannon, would there?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#9ChangliniPosted 12/14/2010 3:40:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfw_NpdqeLc

Part one of two.
---
#10ChangliniPosted 12/14/2010 3:42:35 AM
Skip to the fourth minute of that video to get to the Hive Cannon.
---