Weapon of the Day: Day 4 - Turret

#11ddd87Posted 12/15/2010 6:11:09 AM
The alt fire is likely using the visor as a scope/iron sight like in the videos
#12The_ShaderPosted 12/15/2010 3:00:20 PM
Side Note on the Turret...

Even if you get the Turret Upgrade, it cant shoot behind itself unless you 'scope in' on the screen and aim yourself. Also, people who've mastered the secondarys will clean house with the turret. Scary thought.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#13SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 3:06:34 PM
Just put it in a corner/against a wall and that isn't a huge problem.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#14ddd87Posted 12/15/2010 3:53:48 PM
^ In that case, the turret needs to have collision detection to work or else players will just walk through it, even if its next to a wall.
#15incognito3Posted 12/17/2010 4:07:35 PM
this topic has proven many variables about the turret....personally im worried about if it will be ballanced or not. Seems like its either going to be wayyyy too overpowerred and abused or its hardly gonna be used and not even worth the weakness. Hopefully HVS can step up the weapon ballancing because in TCon the weapons were not ballanced whatsoever. =/
---
Incognito3 or Martian. Leader of TPC. Don't be hatin Proud Xbox360 and Wii owner. Yeah i could be doing better things right now....but im here so get used to it
#16The_ShaderPosted 12/17/2010 4:31:05 PM
^ The weapon SETS werent balanced. Weapon Sets. All the weapons were balanced fine but they were grouped up in ways that made some guns underpowered and overpowered. Seeing as how weapon sets are now non-existent, they effectively solved the problem.

Remember that video of the dude with a black object of a sort being killed without firing back at the enemy? Looks to me like the Turret cant be hip fired, it has to be placed on the ground first. And I think you have to aim with the Turret device in order for it to shoot so you cant have the turret shooting, and fire your secondary either.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#17Sudsy86_Posted 12/17/2010 7:17:15 PM

tconslayer posted...

honestly i think this gun may be abused a bit because think: if everyone on the team uses a turret durring team objective its going to be like impossoble to get in the base

answer: Phase rifle. That will force a change of hand.

#18SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2010 8:36:56 PM
Or a grenade.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.