Weapon of the Day: Day 5 - Strike Rifle

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 12/17/2010 11:42:46 AM
Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

Day 5 - Strike Rifle

Standard Drudge firearm. Single shot per trigger, a charge shot, and a short zoom.

IGN Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ifLee9C-Q (about :45)

Regarded as one of the best guns in The Conduit, with the OHK-to-head charge and good RoF. Doubled as probably the only "sniper", because there weren't a lot of scoped guns that could one-shot. The new SR has considerably lowered ammo (10/70), and the charge takes 5 of that. On the bright side, all shots are now "instantaneous" and don't seem to have lost any punch. And the zoom looks even better than before.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2010 11:45:34 AM
I'll start: Did anybody else notice in the video that he picks up ammo for the SR past his 70 reserve? It only happened when his clip was less than full and never went over 80 total shots.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3Brownprouder23Posted 12/17/2010 11:52:31 AM
This gun is tight. Nuff said.
#4The_ShaderPosted 12/17/2010 2:34:19 PM
Love it how the veins in the sights now squiggle and wiggle around. Nice touch. Reload looks as awesome as before, and the sounds are crispier then ever. Looking forward to dropping it over the SCAR once again.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5dacheatcodePosted 12/17/2010 2:59:48 PM
i think it will go pew pew pew but thats a guess
---
If that thing is a Big Book, HE MUST BE A ****IN' GIANT! Run! ~Penn and Teller
#6Simok123Posted 12/17/2010 3:13:01 PM
I like the older one better, but maybe this one will take even more skill to use. but we'll have to wait and see.
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#7RyokoWinsPosted 12/17/2010 11:24:33 PM
Since the rate of fire is significantly lower, it'll need a power boost. Headshots will definitely be key to using this one.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8The_ShaderPosted 12/18/2010 1:49:26 AM
^ With the lower amount of ammo, instantaneous bio-bullets, and lowered rate of fire... i believe the aspect of headshots for this weapon have been greatly altered.

Before it was 3 normal shots, 1 charged
Now = ?
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"