Is it true?

#1Numbuh100Posted 12/18/2010 6:53:52 AM
That Black Ops disc breaks Wii because of the data that stresses the drive? I don't want this game to be happening to people too. I hope this game just works fine like any other, not like BO.
#2bladester15Posted 12/18/2010 8:38:17 AM
This game will be fine because it is specifically made for the Wii, I think that was why Black ops was breaking it, because it was made more for a 360 or PS3.
---
Country+rap=crap.
Waldo was hiding from Chuck Norris.
#3Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2010 9:12:48 AM
Yeah. This game will be much better than BO. So I'll just get this.
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#4gaby2107Posted 12/18/2010 2:14:11 PM
1. You can't judge that yet.

2. They are two completely different games. Don't compare them. Ever.

3. B.O. works FINE on my wii, and my wii(lol @ perversion :P)is 2 years old.
---
---
Grannys used to say, 'your next', to me at weddings. They stopped when I did it to them at funerals. Daos owns you and your lief!
#5The_ShaderPosted 12/18/2010 3:11:25 PM
BO was made for the 360 and theres STILL lobbys being closed for no reason, host migration that DONT work and hacked matches were theres apparantly forced glitchyness.

Bad because it was made for the Wii? How about bad period? Well whatever. I'm off to play more zombies on "Five" despite my love for "115".
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6Phasmatis92Posted 12/18/2010 6:53:17 PM
I've heard allegations that BOWii wears out the optical drive by constantly streaming huge amounts of data.
However, I can't say if this is true or just false speculation, and I don't think this will be the problem with Con2, since Con1 did not seem to suffer from such an issue.
#7The_ShaderPosted 12/18/2010 8:29:49 PM
^ Sounds understandable. BOWii has an amazing server going for it, online co-op, and better then average graphics. I dont know how any of the Wii parts work at all, but what i do know is that constant gameplay would totally screw the wii over. Just like with any gaming system. ((All 360's before the new black one for example.))

Its probably not the game itself, but the fact that people are playing the **** out of it. I have BO on my new 360 so i dont have to worry about this. >:P ((I'm 40% sure that mine will break within two years))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#8SmallerRidleyPosted 12/18/2010 10:28:53 PM
From what I heard, the amount of data is so large because it wasn't tailored to be within the RAM of the Wii, therefore they have to constantly stream from the disc causing excess wear.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#9Phasmatis92Posted 12/19/2010 6:03:29 AM
^ SmallerRidley just summed it up perfectly.
When you play the game you can actually hear the disk drive frantically whirring away as it streams in next area before you get to it.
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/19/2010 11:48:25 AM
The wii's laser isn't rated for constant streaming data, which is why hacking to play DVD's has always been a really bad idea, aside from just being illegal.

If that's what's happening to be killing peoples wii's, than its totally Activisions fault.
I doubt HVS would bend the rules at the expense of their users, They can't afford to.