Weapon of the Day: Day 6 - SCAR

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 12/20/2010 7:53:27 PM
Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

Day 6 - SCAR

I hear it shoots bullets, perhaps a special feature of this gun.

IGN Gameplay (Invasion): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3djkzPxIAM

Was a premiere weapon in The Conduit with a solid damage output, RoF, and accuracy combination. In Conduit 2, the ammo has been reduced significantly (from 36/ton to 20/a lot less, very approximate numbers), which doesn't limit the gun too much if you want to use like in TCon...but it also has fully automatic now to eat up the smaller clip. The scope hasn't significantly changed in power, but it doesn't black out the edges.

gogogo
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2010 7:54:38 PM
I'll start: The MP5 has an advantage in ammo and rate of fire, but that seems like it (and I don't think it's much).
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3RyokoWinsPosted 12/20/2010 8:12:30 PM
^I lol'd....twice. Hahaha...a special feature...36/ton...you funny, you funny.

Aaanywaaayyss...Yeah...not much to say about this one. It kills things. There does seem to be one interesting attribute: its seemingly-magical lack of recoil.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#4Simok123Posted 12/20/2010 8:49:24 PM
the new scar looks alright. I like the old scar better, but we'll see. there are rumors that the new one will have some way of working like the old one, but still, who knows, we gotta wait.
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#5The_ShaderPosted 12/20/2010 8:54:00 PM
Hopefully, its weapon upgrades are epic, and unique to set it apart from the rest of the weapons in the game.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6RyokoWinsPosted 12/21/2010 12:36:14 AM
I've been wondering about those weapon-specific perk upgrades. Will they be dramatic upgrades like explosive rounds. Or will they be passive upgrades like increased RoF, damage, range, or area of influence (for explosives)?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#7Mr_BriansonPosted 12/21/2010 8:24:10 AM
Scar was always great to have when you were playing objective on streets.
---
...Wait, what?
#8Aile_WingPosted 12/21/2010 6:13:58 PM
RyokoWins:
There does seem to be one interesting attribute: its seemingly-magical lack of recoil.

I noticed that as well, and I don't know if I like that.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)