Weapon of the Day: Day 7 - AR-C Eclipse

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 12/22/2010 2:18:14 PM
Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

Day 7 - AR-C Eclipse

A highly inefficient laser pointer with a tendency to overheat. However it does not use batteries for you green-tech lovers out there.

Latest Gameplay Vid: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/exclusive-conduit-2-gameplay-trailer-1

One of the new weapons for Conduit 2, and it could be anywhere between broken and situational (not so broken). There is no ammo, instead a temperature gauge that rises when fired and lowers when not fired. The power of each shot rises with the temperature as well, so the damage output increases as the firefight goes on. That is, until it overheats and forces you into a lengthy re-priming animation.

Oh, and it has a cloaking function which lowers the temperature of the gun. If the temperature drops too low, it will freeze and force you into a lengthy ice-smashing animation.

gogogo
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2ddd87Posted 12/22/2010 2:37:15 PM
One of the very few weapons with iron sights and a real alt fire/mode.

I'll give it a try
#3Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 12/22/2010 4:27:14 PM
I think people could get really skilled with this gun. You could keep it really hot, so that it won't overheat, but will still do a lot of damage. I know I'm gonna try it (if for nothing else than to sneak into enemy bases and piss everyone off by setting up a turret there).
#4Simok123Posted 12/22/2010 5:25:03 PM
aww he forgot to say hell go first :(

anyway, I cant wait for this just. It will be very cool to use and with take some coll stratages (i hope I spelled that right) and I bet the invisiblity will be fun and usfull for many things.
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#5SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2010 8:30:14 PM
I only say I'll go first when I go first. :D

Also, are you tconslayer?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6Simok123Posted 12/22/2010 10:38:52 PM
no u!
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#7incognito3Posted 12/23/2010 12:39:57 AM
no camping and no abusing. i like it.
---
Incognito3 or Martian. Leader of TPC. Don't be hatin Proud Xbox360 and Wii owner. Yeah i could be doing better things right now....but im here so get used to it
#8The_ShaderPosted 12/23/2010 2:22:36 AM
How i'll use it upon picking it up for the first time

Fire it alot, cloak before it overheats, fire alot before it freezes, etc.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9LilroscoPosted 12/23/2010 7:00:47 PM
^^ I will also be doing this when I get my hands on it.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.