Online Problems...

#1DivinityStripesPosted 12/25/2010 10:17:24 PM
Hey guys! I have recently been playing The Conduit online, and noticed some problems that were not addressed yet (to my knowledge). I was wondering if any of these have been corrected in Conduit 2.

1. When you play with the Warp Pistol, everyone seems to commit suicide. In multiple Close Combat matches, I have experienced someone using the MP5KA4 commit suicide...without throwing any grenades.(hopefully this has not just happened to me!) I'll try to recap the situation.
a. I turn a corner and see someone with a MP5KA4.
b. He starts shooting at me.
c. I head shot him with a fully charged Warp Pistol.
d. He commits suicide, I commit suicide as well. (no grenade thrown!) -.-

2. Same time deaths. I'm not sure if this is a problem... but it seems like it. This is especially prominent in Explosives matches. Maybe just due to lag? Here is a situation.
a. I see someone.
b. I shoot them directly with a SMAW.
c. Maybe .5 of a second later I see him shoot his SMAW.
d. We both explode.

3. Apparently this has already been addressed by Aile_Wing, but still no answer!
Going through people. I am really confused by this. Why on earth was this even put into the first game??? Here is a situation.
a. I see someone backing up.
b. I start running toward them and gun them down.
c. Suddenly they go through me and start gunning ME down.
d. I die..
or
e. Even worse, you go into that weird jumping up and down ritual of trying to melee each other to death. >:P

4. Maybe to many problems? I'll stop here to see if I can get any answers. ^.^
---
Why? Because.
#2Simok123Posted 12/26/2010 7:19:04 AM
wow nice idea, I hope HVS sees this
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#3RyokoWinsPosted 12/26/2010 12:09:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the same-time deaths are due to lag. It annoys the blarg out of me. I once shot an enemy with a SMAW and he had enough time to kill me AND someone else before he died.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#4DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2010 1:44:23 PM
BEWARE: WALL OF TEXT. Move on if you are lazy or impatient.

If it will help HVS make a more awesome Conduit 2, I'd be more than glad to state more problems with the online! ^-^ I just hope that it isn't to late for them to adjust any thing... I really am just posting these to see if they got corrected in Conduit 2, not just saying all the obvious problems of The Conduit. Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

4. (the real 4!) Picking up a gun with no ammo. This one is kind of complicated to explain in text, so try to stay with me, okay? The situation:
a. You are wandering around the map.
b. You see a gun you would like to pick up.
c. You pick it up and it has full ammo and is perfectly fine.
d. You go around and shoot people happily >:D.
e. Some one kills you and ends your streak :(.
Now remember, you did not reload yet. Let's say this scenario took place on a Human Weapon set.
aa. You picked up the SMAW.
bb. You shot and missed some one.
cc. They killed you before you could reload the SMAW.
So you're SMAW has no ammo correct? Well here is where the "glitch" comes in.
aaa. You respawn.
bbb. You see the SMAW again.
ccc. You pick it up and see...what is this? The SMAW still has not reloaded yet.
ddd. Some one easily kills you while you try to reload the SMAW.
Do you get the glitch? It's as if the game believes you still had the SMAW in possession the whole time and that you didn't reload. When you pick up the gun again, shouldn't it have full ammo, not the ammo it had when you died with it???

5. Jumping while picking up a weapon. Now this one is annoying, especially in the Streets level. When you pick up a gun, you can't jump until the "Picking up the Weapon" animation is done. Situation:
a. You are wandering Streets. (happens on all stages)
b. It is the Near/Far weapon set and you wish to trade your SCAR for the Strike Rifle.
c. As you are trading the gun, the animation starts.
d. Some one behind starts shooting you.
e. You jump to mess up their aim.
f. Your jump malfunctions and it doesn't happen until the "Picking up the Weapon" animation is finished.
g. You are most likely dead.

6. This one isn't that big of a deal, but the Spin 180 degrees function actually does not spin 180 degrees... It spins like 200. If you don't care, that's fine, but here is a way to test it if you do care. I kind of care, for I actually find the quick turn helpful. It's just that I have it assigned to shaking the Nunchuck. XD So it's useless.
a. Set your options so your cursor resets to the middle of the screen when it is pointed away from the sensor bar.
b. Point the Wii Remote away from screen and let the cursor reset.
c. Now repeatedly press the button you assigned "Spin 180" to.
Obviously, the pointer should return to the same point as you do 360's, 720's, ext. right? It doesn't.

That's enough for now. I do have more I would like to say, but I won't over do it.

P.S.: It appears _Terranejad_ already addressed the Warp Pistol issue. Sorry! Though, it still is a mystery at what causes the issue though... I hope it's fixed!
---
Why? Because.
#5SmallerRidleyPosted 12/26/2010 2:22:46 PM

Do you get the glitch? It's as if the game believes you still had the SMAW in possession the whole time and that you didn't reload. When you pick up the gun again, shouldn't it have full ammo, not the ammo it had when you died with it???

Nope, it makes perfect sense that the weapon you pick up didn't magically gain ammunition it didn't have when it was dropped. The actual reload doesn't occur until a certain point in your animation, so if you interrupt the reload before that point the gun will not reload.

5 isn't a glitch, just wait until the animation's over. You really want to have more things interruptable after the glitches in TCon?

6, there's no reason to use the 180 spin.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2010 2:58:42 PM
@SmallerRidley: ? I really think that number 4 is a huge problem. I have died so many times by picking up a Strike Rifle with 0 ammunition. Also, isn't it magical how there are guns laying about everywhere for you to pick up? I'm pretty sure you are NOT picking up the exact same gun. (I do see your logic in the VERY SAME GUN not regaining ammunition, but this problem persists even with the weapon spawn locations). The weapons that just "magically appear out of no where". Here is a situation:

a. Near/Far weapon set, Streets.
b. There is a specific spawn point for Strike Rifles. You go there and switch it for your SCAR.
c. You go around and kill people.
d. Someone kills you while your Strike Rifle has 22/144.
e. You respawn and go to the spawn point for Strike Rifles. You DO NOT go to where you died to pick up THAT Strike Rifle, you go to the spawn point for Strike Rifles. This should make an entirely "new" Strike Rifle with full ammo.
f. An entirely new Strike Rifle spawns (it's not like your old Strike Rifle teleported there...that would be even more magical!).
g. You pick it up and... it still has 22/144. Is this not an entirely new Strike Rifle? Apparently, your old Strike Rifle really did teleport over, just for you! -.-

For number 5, I really think it's messed up, if you are in a rush and have to jump to a platform, you can't. The "Picking up a Weapon" animation literally controls you for that time period. Is it so hard for the game to just let you jump IMMEDIATELY after you pick up the weapon? It takes like two seconds until you can jump again. I'm not saying that the jump will disable the weapon pick up, I'm saying it'll let you jump AND have the "Picking up a Weapon" animation play. Why should picking up a weapon suddenly limit your controls?
Sorry about that, I wouldn't call it a glitch, I would call it a problem.

For number 6, that is a good reason to not even include it in Conduit 2! ^.^ Is it in Conduit 2?

Thank you for the constructive criticism SmallerRidley! Do you see any problems with my first 3? If so, please post away! :D
---
Why? Because.
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 12/26/2010 3:32:57 PM
idk, I don't remember ever picking up a weapon that didn't have full ammo.

For number 5, I really think it's messed up, if you are in a rush and have to jump to a platform, you can't. The "Picking up a Weapon" animation literally controls you for that time period. Is it so hard for the game to just let you jump IMMEDIATELY after you pick up the weapon? It takes like two seconds until you can jump again. I'm not saying that the jump will disable the weapon pick up, I'm saying it'll let you jump AND have the "Picking up a Weapon" animation play. Why should picking up a weapon suddenly limit your controls?
Sorry about that, I wouldn't call it a glitch, I would call it a problem.

Should the game also allow you to fire immediately after picking up a gun? Or switch weapons immediately after firing? Oh wait, the second already happens and causes a glitch. The problem with interrupting animations is that it leads to glitches if they aren't careful.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2010 4:04:03 PM
Then that means I am the only one experiencing number 4? ;-; That sucks...I die so many times because of it.

I agree they really need to be careful. Some ones obviously can't be allowed (like switching weapons immediately) but, something so simple yet so necessary should be allowed. It would make the game much smoother. I would pretty much describe the problem as lag. Seriously, you pick up the gun, then you can't do an action for some time. It's like the game just stops a second for the animation is just to amazing to ignore.

They do have a patch system right? So if a bug does occur, they could fix it.
---
Why? Because.
#9BainesPosted 12/26/2010 6:21:01 PM
I haven't touched The Conduit in months, so I'll ask if this is what you mean by #4.

Do you mean the actual gun that you dropped, or do you mean any weapon of that type that you pick up anywhere in the stage?

If it is the latter, then it sounds like the game is marking you as needing you to reload your gun and not clearing that value when you respawn or pick up a new gun, so that when you do pick up another copy of the gun, the game suddenly notices that you haven't reloaded yet?

Kind of like how in Modern Warfare 2, if you try to stab right when you die, you might spawn doing a stab. (And I've seen this offline splitscreen, so it isn't lag.) Or how in Perfect Dark, the stun effect from the N-Bomb was not reset when you respawned.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#10ChangliniPosted 12/26/2010 6:34:41 PM
Same time deaths are fine sense there are situations where you and the opposing player press the fire button at the same time.

Personally, that adds something to the game for me.
Also, with that situation you've typed with that weapon, that eye for eye move would make sense depending on the distance between both of you sense the SMAW fires projectiles that take a considerable amount of time to reach the target.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book