I hope the end of the game brings closure

#1Phasmatis92Posted 12/27/2010 9:24:03 PM
One of my worst fears for this game is being left hanging for a 3rd installment that never comes.
#2tconslayerPosted 12/27/2010 9:53:01 PM

Ok the wii is officially the best selling console on the market. The one thing that the wii doesn't have is a amazing fps (I mean like perfect or super close) Conduit 2 has amazing graphics, awesome guns, awesome modes, largest online multi-player for wii, voice chat, and (assuming) awesome story. If word gets around about this game it can make the wii bigger (and shut up all you perverts) Then like halo conduit could be the one big installment for the wii.
---
I am tconslayer and i approve this message.

#3LawnGnome93Posted 12/27/2010 10:03:29 PM
I hope they leave enough loose ends to leave room for a sequel, but I'll be happy as long as the ending isn't one giant cliffhanger with nothing resolved.

Conduit 2 has amazing graphics, awesome guns, awesome modes, largest online multi-player for wii, voice chat, and (assuming) awesome story. If word gets around about this game it can make the wii bigger (and shut up all you perverts) Then like halo conduit could be the one big installment for the wii.

Sounds a lot like what was said about The Conduit. Not to hate, but don't count on it til it happens. Hype like this was one of the main problems with the first game.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Playing: Civ V, BlazBlue CS, SSF4, CoD BO, AC Brotherhood
-Flame
#4The_ShaderPosted 12/27/2010 10:24:55 PM
tconslayer... your post doesnt help Conduits cause at all... way to keep up with what people say about you. I like that kind of repetition.

Cliffhangers are nice, they leave room for speculation, fans to come up with their own endings, and maybe future developers who liked the game can create their own spin-offs. The first game lacked a story in the campaign all together, with everything so damn secret then suddenly dropping a bombshell that was the annunnaki at the end of the credits. (Too big a bombshell for the campaign, maybe if the campaign had more story in it, it'd be more balanced).

I like cliffhangers, and i love sad endings. The intro videos "Doomed us all" part REALLY makes me look forward to this games story. So like... yay and stuff.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2010 11:03:29 PM
I have nothing against sad or ambiguous endings (one of my favourite endings of all time is The Blair Witch Project) but a cliffhanger a la Halo 2 would annoy me no end; not everything has to be stretched out into a muddled over-plotted mess, and "fan speculations" are always guaranteed to suck, like 99.9% of fanfiction.
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 12/27/2010 11:33:43 PM
I hope it's left open for a sequel, but not a blatant cliffhanger. For example, you kill Adams, but some of the Drudge manage to escape. That way, they would either just go off somewhere else in the universe and not bother humans ever again, which is a completely acceptable ending, or they could come back with reinforcements and a new leader for the next installment in the series.
#7Brownprouder23Posted 12/27/2010 11:41:09 PM
If there is another Conduit, it should be made for the next Nintendo console.
#8The_ShaderPosted 12/28/2010 12:17:20 AM
@Phasmatis92

.... I have to say, your taste in endings is very lacking dude. For one, the Blair witch project is one of the worst movies of all time. The ending is INSANELY hilariously bad, and the attempt to make the movie look like a 'real' documentary is by far the worst attempt anyone could make. A truly horrible ending, to a horrible movie.

Now for an ending that leaves that story open for speculation is great. It lets the people who love the movie to develop even more love for it by speculating (to themselves) about what THEY think happened. Like the ending to Inception. The spinning top was CLEARLY wobbling, but it was not shown falling, so theres room for speculation.

Now as for a ending that closes all ties to the story, the best possible example could be Watchman. With the mystery of who was killing the Hero's solved, and how the eminent nuclear war was stopped, the Watchman had no more storys to tell. (****ing awesome ending, just love it when the badass good guys die. So perfect.) Gladiator is a good example of a very good closing ending as well.

Its only when a movies ending allows for speculation, then a sequal comes out of nowhere, does the ending suck. (Good example, The Punisher's ending, then the sequel.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2010 1:27:28 AM
".... I have to say, your taste in endings is very lacking dude. For one, the Blair witch project is one of the worst movies of all time. The ending is INSANELY hilariously bad, and the attempt to make the movie look like a 'real' documentary is by far the worst attempt anyone could make. A truly horrible ending, to a horrible movie."

I place it as one of the greatest horror movies ever made.
It removes the disconnection created by over-the-top jump scares and gore and replaces it with suggestions of primal fears such as darkness, the unknown, and the supernatural, using the audience's imagination against them and will the gaps with their own fears.

The ending is the perfect example of this; it links back to the story of how the murderer from 60 years before would make one child stand in the corner while the other was killed.
We see one character drop his camera in the basement and go silent, so we know the "threat" is in there. Then when the woman filming arrives, the first guy is standing in the corner, and we know whatever got to him is right behind the filmer, but we don't see it, forcing our minds to contemplate what horrifying force could make someone just stand there and await his death, and knowing that whatever it is, it's coming up behind the filmer, and by connection behind us as the viewer, who is seeing their perspective. It's a masterstroke of psychological horror.
As for it being unconvincing, MILLIONS of people WERE fooled.

Anyway, as for Conduit 2, leaving room for speculation is fine,
Ending it with Ford still chasing Prometheus and no confrontation would be major suckage.
#10LigersRulePosted 12/28/2010 7:33:47 AM
Guys..... I'm gonna tell you something I never told anyone before...... I.... I never finished campaign in Conduit 1......

I'm Sorry! I just got caught up in the multiplayer, and then my brother beat it, and I already knew the ending, and the multiplayer was so fun, and.... and.... I don't know, OK?!?!?!
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison